in need of a gas tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdtmaxx3.3

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello i am in need of a gas tank for my 3.3. I have broke 3 of the stock ones and getting kinda pissed off. Anybody know of any good plastic ones never had metal idk how well they work any input would be sweet.:D

how are you breaking them? I bash my truck all the time and dont break it. You could buy a tank guard from integy (and yes everyone hates integy! so I dont want to hear it from haters) I have never had a problem with integy and they have a nice guard for the fuel tank.

(and yes everyone hates integy! so I dont want to hear it from haters) I have never had a problem with integy
I'm with ya on this one. I've got full integy underneath my truck. Chassis braces, skids, bumpers. I think they make a good product. I've NEVER had a problem and I beat the snot outta my truck. That integy tank guard wouldn't be a bad idea. +1 on bduces post.;)

just from learning back flips in my front yard so very hard landing and i have all integy parts and i also this they make a great product

tank guard dosen't look like it would stop the breaking I'm doing I'm breaking the back left post off or cracking right in front of it and no none of the screws come out in the process

on my t-maxx i put only two screws in the tank. BUT i dont bash as hard as you. get some long screws and put fuel hose between the tank and frame

About the integy skids, they suck, bend whenever i bash. They should be able to handle 10-20 foot jumps if even the plastic stock ones dont break. On the other hand, the tank guard is perfect. Put some loctite on the screws and you'll be fine.

have you considered using zip toes over your tank, it may require drilling small holes in the chassis to run the zip ties, this way the zip tie wiil take the weight of a full tank during manuevers.

to: rak12 man o man i have used zip ties for lots of things, but useing them for a tank is a great idea. the thing i use them for mostly is on springs to lower the truck, saves from having to cut the spring, and its reversable

amain hobbies sells squishy foam washers for the tmaxx tank...

Proline make a very good aftermarket tank for the T-Maxx. The are also higher capacity too. I say hell with the Integy tank protectors and just go Proline. Good stuff and you will get longer run times so more fun.

Integy parts suck they use cheap aluminum I paid 40 bucks for their so called heavy duty center driveshafts for my T-MAXX 3.3 4908 and they didn't last four tanks of fuel before the rear u joint exploded. Sorry guys but imo Integy is bs its strictly shelf queen stuff!

+1 on the hate of integy, i had an ehxaust header from them and it might as well of been made of tin foil!!
as for the fuel tank, I've seen a neat trick you can do, poke each of the legs through a bit of fuel tube to give it some "suspension"... should stop the leg cracking!!

Proline make a very good aftermarket tank for the T-Maxx. The are also higher capacity too. I say hell with the Integy tank protectors and just go Proline. Good stuff and you will get longer run times so more fun.

+1 on that, i havent had a single problem with my proline tank.
also love the fact that the pickup allows it to keep running when it flips over.

Back