idle problems 3.3 !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtrexxguy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
on my 3.3 maxx I am having idle problems. It runs real good boath hot and cold but wont idle on its own. I have to use the trim on the controller to keep it idleing. I tried turning up the idle screw but still will not idle on its own without trim. is this an adjustment I need to do with the LPN ?? when adjusting the LPN should I back off the trim and idle screw before adjusting it ?:(

---------- Post added at 9:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:50 PM ----------

Ok I spent all afternoon tuning !! and I do mean ALL afternoon working on it. I tore the carb all apart cleaned it all put it all back together same problem. I re set my servo and linkages and still same problem. Finally I put the lsn and hsn back to stock then tuned the HSN first and than slowly turned the Low speed needle in 1/8 a turn at a time and over and over it would stall when idleing than Finally it started to work and keep an idle on its own with no trim not perfect still a bit rough but it dose stay idleing. So I decided to mark down where the needle was set before I tried more and I noticed the low speed needle was in all thay !!! if I oppen it more than 1/8 a turn it will not stay idleing !!! what ells can I try ??

:\

i would try the idle screw just below the hsn and the the left and fyi if its 2.4 gh you may have to set the multi function knob to run the throttle trim. and if you didnt know idle gap should be one to two millimeters

turn on ur radio and reciever take off the air filter and push the throttle like you are breaking the slide in the carb should close but htere should be a little gap aprox. 1-2 mm or the width of a credit card... adjust the idle screw til u get the right gap...

ok got the right gap but I still can not open the LSN more than 1/8 a turn if I do fuel spits out the carb ant it stalls it seams like if i open it more than 1/8 a turn it floods itself