How to widen your 2WD Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Video:
Jato arms. Longer turnbuckles. Some modifications and some cutting action is needed.
Wonder if I can do this and MM convert my slash? Hmmm. @luke66 is the god of traxxas 2wds. He probably learned most of the stuff from me. Lol. But when it comes to modding your car, thats not in my area. Tend to leave my cars close to stock with upgrades here and there. But I want a good build. Something that I can get my hands on and mod something.

I used electric rear arms on the front. Jato arms you need to do all 4 I believe. The plus side is the jato sriveshafts are a hopup for the 2wd.

Doing so will need new wheels with the same offset. Front wheels will give you more width when using traxxas wheels.

It will work on the mm. If your not good at modding, the rear arms requires a cut piece if fuel tubing. That's the only modding.

RPM make front offset compensating arms for the Slash (70552) and for the Rustler and Stampede (70662), they make the front have the same width WMS to WMS as the rear, makes it so you can use the same offset wheels front and rear with the width matching. Using the Rustler Stampede arms on a Slash would make it really wide and would not require any cutting or grinding of parts, just long turn buckles. IDK if its Jato arm wide, I'm just throwing this out there for people that might want to try a simple bolt on wide mod.

RPM make front offset compensating arms for the Slash (70552) and for the Rustler and Stampede (70662), they make the front have the same width WMS to WMS as the rear, makes it so you can use the same offset wheels front and rear with the width matching. Using the Rustler Stampede arms on a Slash would make it really wide and would not require any cutting or grinding of parts, just long turn buckles. IDK if its Jato arm wide, I'm just throwing this out there for people that might want to try a simple bolt on wide mod.
I used a set of them on my Stampede, good product, in my opinion.

vd22jth.jpg

Back