Luke’s Slash MM (Mid motor)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
What’s goin guys! Looks like Luke’s got a new truck in his hands! This is my (build in progress) Slash MM!
IMG_1169.jpeg

We’ve got one of the best lookin slash bodies you can buy on there.
IMG_1170.jpeg

Traxxas paint jobs always look so dang rad.
IMG_1171.jpeg

Tires still got plenty of life on them!
It appears the body may have less life then I wish it did…
IMG_1172.jpeg

Chassis pic! As you can see we’ve got a lot missing.
IMG_1173.jpeg

As for steering I’ve got a 20KG china servo in there. It sucks.
IMG_1174.jpeg

Got some aluminum upgrades! (Shock towers and caster blocks)
IMG_1175.jpeg

Front end lookin good!
IMG_1176.jpeg

Caster block thing.
IMG_1177.jpeg

It appears the entire power set up is missing……

Okay, PLANS! Number one, for power I’m gonna use a Firma 100 ESC that I currently have in the STASH once I change that ESC out for a Hobbywing 8BL150. Motor will be around 4000KV and I hope to find something from GoolRC. After I get the truck up and running I’ve got a Jenny’s order to make. Gotta get some Nitro Slash parts to MM This bad boi. I’m planning on tuning this car best for 2S so I can run it on indoor RC tracks. It’ll be 3S capable but it’ll run warm for sure. All the shocks on this car are still in really nice condition so I won’t change them anytime soon (I hope) sadly when I MM this car I’ll lose the front aluminum shock tower cuz it don’t fit. I’m planning on making this rig as light as possible. I’m gonna make a rear bumper mount for @DavidB1126 and I may use it too. I’ve gotta find some better way to hold in the battery as the system in my rusty can only hold a 3S hard case.

That’s all the notes I have for now. See ya at the next update!

MMing has been completed. understeer is gone, replaced by much less grip on the rear. I've got stock Kumho Traxxas tires on. Maybe that's the problem? Also sorta wet but not bad. Hopefully I can get pics soon. Gotta find a way to get more grip. Maybe move more weight back?

Tires make a big difference and it's number 1 upgrade / performance thing.

I don't like Traxxas tires. They are a hard compound and yea. For at least SCT tires. Well, depends, I only had the SCT tire, not the others

Back