How to make the carb fully open?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yveschew

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi, i have a revo can anyone tell me how to make the carb fully open because the stock was not fully open. but i saw a link they said rotate the carb position its that correct? thanks

Yeah I saw that link to. it say to turn the carb counter-clockwise about two hours. You may want to check your throttle linkage and transmitter settings sometimes my hand touches the control dials at the top....

Actually you rotate it clockwise about 2 hours. This moves the little arm that goes in the slot on the throttle pivot mounted to the engine mount closer to the end of the slot which gives you more throttle throw.

Moving it counter clockwise will do the opposite.

Just make sure when you go to tighten the carb back down that you push down on the carb before and as your tightening the cinch bolt to help make a good seal.

Well... It's tough to see what really changed in the photo's on that thread, but I do know that if you rotate the carb throttle arm clockwise it gives more throttle throw. It might just be that his thread is talking specifically about carb binding. So, maybe turning the carb counter clockwise helps with binding... then turn the carb throttle arm clockwise to give it more throw if necessary? I know I had to do that on mine when I had it, but I also turned the carb clockwise a bit to help alleviate binding... so it might be different for some situations.

Yveschew, are you using the new transmitter/receiver? If you are:
1) You should have mentioned that first
2) You'll need to set the 'end-points' on the transmitter.

If you're not using the new transmitter, you can try what the others suggested, but I can't see how the throttle would not be opening all the way when it was before.

yes i use the new transmitter, how to set the end point? thanks for reply

I'm not 100% sure how, if you don't have the owners manual for the transmitter, try looking on the internet at the makers web-site. You should be able to download the manual. I have one that has the end-point adjustments, but I've never messed with them. What kind of transmitter is it?

futaba 2 channel

Back