Revo 2.5 Nitro MIP part?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDRIDER56

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
Can anyone please tell me what this MIP part is and how it's supposed to be connected? Hose was just hanging when I got the truck

17078260346436968149558412465147.jpg

Can anyone please tell me what this MIP part is and how it's supposed to be connected? Hose was just hanging when I got the truck

View attachment 181572

In theory it would go to a port drilled & tapped into the engine's crankcase just below the carb.

I say in theory because as @Chubaka touched on, their effectiveness is debatable, and varies depending on engine & need. This thread goes into their theory of operation.

I didn't see this thread. I also replied in your other thread: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/traxxas-revo-2-5-rebuild.139011/post-1421792

View attachment 181604

The pinch bolt was replaced with a modified nipple style pinch bolt instead of drilling into the crankcase.
I think they were more of a gimmick than an noticeable performance gain.
I seen that, I wasn't 💯% sure if that had a port hole inside the carb. Didn't pay attention when I had it apart. So am I missing other parts to make it work? Kinda lost on what to do, I can't find anything online for instructions
Thanks for the help

I seen that, I wasn't 💯% sure if that had a port hole inside the carb. Didn't pay attention when I had it apart. So am I missing other parts to make it work? Kinda lost on what to do, I can't find anything online for instructions
Thanks for the help
You would just connect that tube to the port coming right out of the engine. If not, you'll need to cap that port or you'll have the mother of all "air leaks" in your engine.

You would just connect that tube to the port coming right out of the engine. If not, you'll need to cap that port or you'll have the mother of all "air leaks" in your engine.
Will my initial setup tune be any different or just stick with the factory settings?