How the war effects my day to day life.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I would like to hear how the war effects your day to day life.
Please no Anti or Pro war issues!

This is a safe thread to express how it impacts you day to day life, attitude.

Any one who feels the need to use this as a soapbox or decides to flame another user..... Think Twice...

Well the only way it is me directly is i live near 2 airports and if you go around the airport or by it expect to be stuck in traffic I've seen them search cars b4 they have let them into the airport parking lot .. but that is about it

I pay more for gas than I used to.

The airports are more of a hassle since 9-11.

I honestly get suspicious of the middle easterners I see. I know that sounds prejudice, I don't mean it to be -- I just can't help feeling that and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You can't turn on the news without seeing something about the war.

I idea of a biological attack on the US homeland scares the heck out of me.

I deal with many people everyday.

I have found that many people that are against the war feel troubled because they are powerless to stop what they think is wrong. The feeling of not having control seems to have put them in a bad mood, including depression to a certain point.

People that are Pro-war don't seem to be any better off.
They believe that we are doing the proper thing but didn't expect it to take as long as it has. Rightfully, they are saddened over the loss of life as the reality of war sets in.

Many of my friends, Including me, find our self glued to the tube in hopes of hearing a spark of news that may support our beliefs in whats going on.

Going into our 3rd week I need to watch my mood and state of mind until we as a nation finnish our business over seas whether it be weeks or years.

I agree eddy the loss of our people's live and the live of the inncontt people over there bother me. I too am glued to the tv but dont have cable so find the reports lacking .

I know some people thought this would be a fast war but i have always figured it will take some time .I just hope it doesn't turn into anther vietnam .

Desert Storm was only a month or two, if I recall. We’re all hoping this one is shorter.

I'm worried about repercussions. Iraq has called for a holy war on the US. I know we've bombed temples and things sacred to them. Even when we are done with Iraq, our problems here with terrorists may continue or increase as the terrorist motivations seems to be more religious than military.

I never thought that the economy, or political situations will ever effect me directly. I deal with a lot of the entertainment industry and do a lot of marketing. Everyone continues to do marketing and the entertainment industry still moves on when thing like this war happen. Welll.... Thats what I thought. Nobody wants to spend money. Everyone is starting to pinch their wallets. Net 30's streach out to 90 and so on. Can a brother get a hand out...

Ohh and nobody in my industry in my area have any openings because they are pinching their wallets also. Times are tough. Well for me at least. At least I got my GT4.... Ohh and a lot of good freelance clients. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
It has little affect on my day to day life other than the constant news coverage.

Gas prices are down here which is great they have been since a week before the war started almost 15-20 lower on average.

MY prayers take a little longer becasue I have to add in all our soldiers our president and his team along with all the familys of the soldiers and the familes that have losts members.

Oh and the ocasioanal stuck in trafic from protesters.
Thats how it affects me

Oops almost forgot I do tend to get bent out of shape more offten because of the anti-war protesters above average rehtoric. Which is more ANit-Bush than anything I belevie....X

**Edited for content.**
-Ed

i find myself watching alot more t.v due to watching the coverage of the war..other than that,no changes.

My neighbor is an army recruiter. He had to look back at recruiting records and profiles of the soldier who killed one and injured others by throwing grenades. They're trying to figure out if there were any indications of his behavior earlier. I asked how recruiting was like now. He says recruiting is at a high. They are even turning some away. There was a marine who wanted to renlist in the army. He had an impressive record and was honorably discharged. My neighbor recommended him for the army. But he was refused by the higher office. It goes to show you how selective they are, even in times of war.

I also watch alot of the news coverage. I don't think I'll ever feel how a soldier goes through war. But it hit home when I saw the video footage on those army POW's. There was this guy, Hudson, who was captured. He's half Filipino, I am Filipino. I seen his family on television, just seeing his mother reminded me of my family. I think of what my family would go through if I was in Hudson's place. I also think about what those POW's are going through. I give a lot of respect to those who are serving right now.

how the war effects my everyday life.

since I'm unemployeed from before the start of war you will see why i have so much free time.

before the war i would wake up when ever i got up and go to bed whenever i felt like it.
Now do to the "live on tv" war i am staying up later to see that after math of the bombing during the night over there. then i get up earlier to see even more coverage.

then when i am up i cruise the 10 or so message boards i am parts of.

then when i meet with friends we talk about the war and the USA's firepower and how we all wish we where there to die for our country. and how that would atleast it would immortalize us in the memorials that will follow this war.

i too find myself praying for soldiers and anyone who shouldnt die during this war.i pray God gives GWB the strength to lead this country.

then i find myself thinking about the state of the USA alot.
it really bother me that the USA is so screwed up that this war wont change that fact. i can go on about society but check the flaming forum if your old enough.

***Edited for content.
-Ed

***Edited for content means I have removed statements that addressed a group / race of people.

Yes this is censorship by me.
Why?
Look at the title of the thread. This thread is a place to reflect not bash.

I'm glad to see some of the members bringing their thoughts to this thread in a non threatening fashion. Maybe it will help others understand the feelings the have one way or the other.

I work in a downtown ER. My job is affected not as much by the war, but since 9/11 the threat of biological warfare keeps us on higher alert than normal. We have taken several classes on different viruses, bacteria, etc. We have a whole exercise planned in case anything ever happens.

I find myself jumping every time the phone rings! It is heart wrenching to see pictures of Dead Americans who wear the same uniform I have for the past 7 years.
This is our Oath:
To Support and defend the Constitution Of the United States against all Enemies, foreign and domestic; that I Will bear true faith and allegiance to The same; and that I will obey the Orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers Appointed over me, according to Regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I know they have passed with honor!

Last edited:
I took the same oath that AGM130 just quoted.

Since the start of the war, my job has picked up its pace and intensity. Things that were fragged to occur at one time are now going to happen much earlier.

This places a lot of stress on me and in turn on my family.

I spend a ton of time split between taking care of family, watching the war on TV, and getting the behind the scenes information at work.

911 changed the entire mentality of the US. It brought increased security concerns across the board, and that further increased military concerns across the board.

A day doesn't go by that I am not dealing with an issue that is related to either events triggered by 911 or the current war in Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom.

It has not really changed my life other than I have become a war zombie, glued to Fox news every chance I get. I mourn for the families that have lost a loved one, due to the war. Being a 4 year veteran I had to testify to an anti-war, liberal how I served my country so that she and her family can enjoy the freedom she has today. Serving my country not the war I think changed my life.

My dad works in advertising and ever since 9-11 his buisness was shiznitty. So many companys are holding back on advertising, he had to cancel a ton of stuff so he can keep his company running. I can't get anythin over 20 dollars at once >__>. But I have some crap in my room worth about 200 dollars...So my parents and sis are restricted on buying big stuff. Yea...are any of u guys a hockey fan? I got a offical game puck i caught at a game for the kings, fromm 2000.

Back