how many buggies???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured a new piston, rod and button. The sleave looks good, I'll check the crank bearings too. Why would this occur? The motor only has about 3/4 of a Gallon thru it. Could it be defective?
Thans agian for your advise.

Your just an AMINAL w/ your RC that's how it happened... JUUUSST Kidding.....did you run it alot when the outside air temps were low? that could have a drastic effect on the metals used......I know I ran an RG hot once and it cooled down so fast the pinch was tighter than when I had started it that morning....it was 43 deg though

Kyosho mp7.5 almost a trip7 will be pretty much a full trip7 soon

Plaidfish,
No it wasn't cool when I ran it, about 72.We are in "Floyrida ya know!" I do push my machines to the edge, but I don't think if failed because of that. Seems I remeber they had a problem with a Sportwerks motor in the R/C Car Action article feturing the Mayhem.

Lets see....nada. Looking to get an S3 though.

well I've been cleaning house so right now I'm down to two mbx5's (with the necessary hop-ups), a pro-spec, and the little hpi nitro mini.
I've decided to sell the two x5's and try the xb8. no way will i have four buggies sitting around for long so it looks like those two may go as a pair even if i do get screwed by selling them that way.

As I have been playing with these things for a while I have a few old ones in the bunch too. Two Burns buggies, Two USA-1 Nitro Crushers (one in the box brand new), One Kanai III (with a P-5 and many Hardcore titanium hop-ups), One 777 Special-1 ( with an RB WS7 II).
I am looking to buy a back up engine for the new buggies, don't know if it will be the V-Spec or not. I previously had only OS engines and decided to try something different when I bought my latest buggies. I have heard so many things good about the V-Spec I think it might be the one, of course I haven't tried the Sirio Kanai engines yet.

my v-spec made it through almost two gallons before the rear bearing crapped out and destroyed the piston, rod and sleeve. ouch. looks like I'm back with the italian mills for good this time.

I was told to replace mine w/ boca bearings....I've never done case bearings B4 are they a bitch to replace???

sometimes they can be.
best bet is to heat the case with a heat gun (not a hair dryer) and push the old one out then push the new one in. using a heat gun will get the case hotter faster and put less heat to the bearing. the idea is to expand the case not the bearing.

Hey Plaid,
I just picked up my 2nd Mayhem. It has a Hyper .21 8port, do you know much about this motor? I geuss I might be selling one of my Revo's soon, might need another buggy.

is your revo stock??? or modified???? I might have something for you.....and no I don't have any experience w/ the Hyper mills.....I stick w/ fantom and OS for now.....I had a bad experience w/ the picco P2 and it's an OFNA / HYper mill...I've been very jaded to wanting to try another one.....the carb on mine turned to poop in less than 3/4 gallon.......

Revo is stock. What have ya got? I've been told that picco is an Itallion mill, and Ofna is Asian.

guess ill edit my collection.

1 pro-spec
1 xb8

thanks husky and bigmo. it was nice to meet you and ill be down there mid june or so.

Here's a pic of my Mayhem coming in for a landing. The jump had a 3 ft ramp(dirt) on the edge of a 10 ft drop, so you can figure out how high it went. It landed it perfectly8 out of 10 times, once it landed comepletly upside down, with only a slightly bent rear shock tower.
Today I pulled my REX .28, 8 port out of my Savage and installed it in my Mayhem, talk about sick power! It was almost doing wheelies off the line. I just started to tune it and it's making sick power @ 185 degrees!

storm pro and a SUT pro which could become another storm pro if needed.

-ult

Back