How long should a body last?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrgoodwrench35

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
This body is 10-12 years old, served on 2 different sct's. Currently on a Senton chassis. Originally from a slash 4x4.

Needless to say, she's seen a lot of action. I feel as if I've gotten my $'s worth out of it. I bought a new body years ago but I just can't bring myself to let it go. Whadya think?

20231006_165947.jpg

20231006_165929.jpg

20231006_165919.jpg

I would have sent this to the landfill many years ago. my bodies last till my 1st paint share time

I still have an old body Suburban from 2003 still in the original packaging as well as the original stickers from my 2003 T-Maxx.
It is hard to get rid of stuff in this hobby.
Don't get rid of it. You will wake up in a cold sweat years from now wondering where that body went!
PXL_20220128_011118396.jpg
PXL_20220128_011148964.jpg
PXL_20220128_011630789.jpg

I have a somewhat sentimental attachment to my toys. I still have an old Tmaxx body and a C6 body from an ofna 4wd belt drive from the 90's. Been through 3 Xmaxx body's in recent years and couldn't bring myself to toss em. I also kept the majority of my childhood toys as well. My wife thinks I have attachment issues.

I still have an old body Suburban from 2003 still in the original packaging as well as the original stickers from my 2003 T-Maxx.
It is hard to get rid of stuff in this hobby.
Don't get rid of it. You will wake up in a cold sweat years from now wondering where that body went!
View attachment 172674View attachment 172675View attachment 172676
If you sell it let me know. 😁 I got a box of discontinued and vintage stuff I can't remember all of!

@Mrgoodwrench35 I too am attached to some bodies. Atleast you increased motor air flow. My most recent tossed was a proline silverado. I kept a few doors and a hood. I'm gonna tuck them in the scale garage I'm gonna build....... city permits ya know. 🤣

You got a pic of the tmaxx and corvette body? I have an ofna onroad with the kyosho Aston Martin body. I'm also looking for a factory tmaxx body to replicate for my .15.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who saves 'junk'.
If you sell it let me know. 😁 I got a box of discontinued and vintage stuff I can't remember all of!

@Mrgoodwrench35 I too am attached to some bodies. Atleast you increased motor air flow. My most recent tossed was a proline silverado. I kept a few doors and a hood. I'm gonna tuck them in the scale garage I'm gonna build....... city permits ya know. 🤣

You got a pic of the tmaxx and corvette body? I have an ofna onroad with the kyosho Aston Martin body. I'm also looking for a factory tmaxx body to replicate for my .15.
All my old rc stuff is in storage right now. We recently sold our house and are currently renting a townhouse while we build so I don't have a lot of space right now. I had to either put all my toys in storage or the wife's shoe collection. She won that one but it backfired cause I just bought a bunch of new toys.

I've been slowly collecting stuff to build a scale garage and had a similar idea with old rc hoods. I think the sct pictured above will be a donor. It's definitely my favorite.

It got a little worse last night.

20231006_182558.jpg

A little bit of hot glue and some fresh zip ties and it survived another session today.

Attachments

• 20231007_162326.jpg
    20231007_162326.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 22
It got a little worse last night.

View attachment 172702
A little bit of hot glue and some fresh zip ties and it survived another session today.
Love the patch work. :thumbs-up: 🤘 I've never gone to the degree as you have, but I do try to make bodies last as long as possible.
1696772501357.png

Hot glue... it's great at a fast fix... cools down quickly, but I find it a bit too unforgiving in certain cases. I'd smooth that glue out with a soldering iron/wide tip, and go over the hot glue with a thin layer of E6000 for it's flexibility.

Speaking of E6000, the black version of the stuff would be great for covering other stuff... I think. I didn't even know this black E6000 was out there until today.
1696772455191.png

That's funny. I did go back over the hot glue with a soldering iron after the pic. The wife was rushing me so I didn't have time before.

The hot glue I use is gorilla glue brand sticks. So much better than regular hot glue. It actually adheres to plastic very well.

I've never heard of E6000 but I'll check it out. I usually do the drywall tape/shoe goo treatment to basher bodies when they are new and it seems to help, but the shoe goo adds a lot of weight.

I've decided to go ahead and paint the new body I bought years ago but I do intend to run it again today with the slash body. One last run.

Body mount holes sometimes wallow out too much for my liking. Even using Pro-Line's awesome thumb washer body mounting system, I'll combat the brutality of off-road forces by using E6000 and spare Lexan pieces (as shown at rear of body).
1696773372884.jpeg

This is my uncle's body from his slash 4x4 like 12 ish years ago. (JConcepts Silverado illuzion)

My stock Traxxas 2wd body (Mike Jenkins edition) is still in pretty good shape, but I only bashed with it for like 2 years when I was younger.

My.proline Silverado body is ehh.

My current traxxas clear one I painted up last year is terrible.

PXL_20231008_154552466.jpg

PXL_20231008_154527915.MP.jpg

Back