How long Does a Engine last? On average

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my Wasp .26 I broke it in correctly but I do nothing no after run oil hell I never clean the air filter and I'm at the end of my 4th gallon.

i would use after run oil or some other type and i clean my airfilter all the time befor and after a good bash/race .. all so i use some byron oil boost too this keeps the engine really cool and all that ..

Mark

my brake in on the engine was 6 tanks of tickover with that oil and then 3 more light revv'ing and then tuned it .. :)

I have an OS .12CV-RX that has 5 gallons (approx) thorugh it. It's loosing compression and can only really be started on a starter box since there aren't enough rev in a single yank of the pull start and I can't yank it as fast as a starterbox can turn it. I also have an OS .15 CV-R that has almost 5 gallons through it and it still has great compression.

It all depends on how you run it (Rich or Lean) over heating and fuel percentage also have a play in it