how good of a bashing rig????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro-noob

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking in for a mt for the first time an need help to decide on a truck.I am looking for very tough truck as i dont wanna race it.I would like too know how well ur lst's r holding up?? i think ill get a lst or a savage. so any pro's an or con's will be very helpful.

If you want proven toughness, then get a Savage.

I snapped both the upper and lower front left arms as well as bending the tie-rod on my first jump with my LST. Landing was not that bad either. My Savage on the other hand took the same jump over and over again with no problems at all. A lot of landing were rough with cartwheels and end over ends as well.

I have the LST back together and ready for another try. If it fails again, I will know that the first time was not a fluke.

I prefer the Savage for bashing. The LST looks cool, but seems to be having some first year problems. As far as pros/cons, there are plenty of threads here for that.

My buddy and I have been racing the LST at a local track. The only Big Problem we've had is the CVDs. I broke 1 and he broke 3. We now have the MIP CVDs so hopefully the problem is corrected.

We've also run 2 savages on the track and had no problems. Very durable.

Snapped a rear drive shaft pin on the 4th tank of fuel still in the running in stage, not a good start. I have 3 savages as well and at the moment prefer them to the losi but time will tell, early days yet.

At this point the Savage is a far greater basher and would be an excellent choice, the LST has some nice things about it but also has a few things that still need worked out (Axles, CVD's, Diff Case's).

thx guys, let me know more bout the cvd's .id like that truck just for the radio but ill wait an see how long it takes to get there buggs out. i think ill go with a savage though.i have seen alot of vids an they seem to take a hell of a beating an drive off.

I have both and As much as I love my Savage the LST is a better bang for the buck. The LST is 600 but a comparable Savage is well over a grand . The savage king as far as Bashing . The LST is a much better all around truck that can take a good bashing . I took it crawling and was very impresses . I can't do that with my savage . The things I have broken with my truck have been out of stupidity not because of its durabilty , the savage that it, Decided what you want to do . The LST is still a better overall truck .

The problems I've had have been manufacturing issues. I called losi today and they sent out new parts via UPS and said that the problems I was having were known issues. As far as durability, It's holding up great. The only other prob I've had was the set screw on the rear driveshaft falling out. I know there are others who have had problems with Team Losi's tech support, but I called them today and spoke with a man named Bill who told me the problems I had were some he had heard about and Has the new parts on the way... So far I'm pleased. In the mishaps I've had I've only popped ball links loose so I havent broken anything yet. The highest I've sent it flying so far is about 6 feet off the ground and it was easy to land correctly. I snagged a mailbox the other day and thought I surely had broken an a arm but it just popped off a ball link.... I've been impressed overall with losi's support considering the fact that there isnt actually a warranty on the truck.

nitro-noob said:
thx guys, let me know more bout the cvd's .id like that truck just for the radio but ill wait an see how long it takes to get there buggs out. i think ill go with a savage though.i have seen alot of vids an they seem to take a hell of a beating an drive off.
You want a good truck to bash and race go get a revo that is great i race it and i beat the sh*@t out of it great truck

I would agree get the Savage
The LST is a great truck if you've had driving time before

Both are tough...neither is bulletproof! Savages need the diffs beefed up....LST's (at least the early versions) needed cvd's. I had an early version LST and broke 2 cvd's....replaced w/ later version cvd's and have yet to break anything else...and I've done 15ft jumps...30mph cartwheels...nothing but a tie rod popped off. My nephews savage bashed ... and I mean BASHED every saturday for a month...broke an antenna tube. ... the 5th sat he destroyed both diffs and i believe some tranny gears.

guy down the street from me lightly bashes his lst, and it has broken a couple of times. (by lightly, I mean like jumping about 3 feet high, 5 feet long)

i havent logged in for along time an just saw my post still active.i finally decided to get a lst an i love it. i dont have any m-trucks to compare it too but i think its pretty damn tough.only time i broke magor stuff is when my carb was pulled to far my the servo an got stuck.but i learned to do back flipps with it so its seen many botched 5ft.landings that i was sould was going to break some thing but was fine.i also have a set of steps that about 11 steps high an dive off that an land in the street an it took about a dozen befor i did any damage but i landed on one tire so that was my bad driving not the truck

you've done good young jedi!

Best thing you ever could have done good job theres not a truck out there better all around and I have three different ones , revo, lst, and savage and I'd give away both for another lst, top truck currently on the market!

lst2

guy down the street from me lightly bashes his lst, and it has broken a couple of times. (by lightly, I mean like jumping about 3 feet high, 5 feet long)
well i have the lst2 and put rpm a-arms on it and it kicks ass just as strong as the monster gt and the:moped: savage not the savage X its a piece of crap

i have the lst2 just put rpm a-arms on it , and the thing kicks ass comparing it to the monster gt & the savage... not the savage x, its a piece of crap. ps. jumped it more than 10 feet int he air and 5 yards long with no problem

I have an lst2 i just put rpm a-arms on it and the thing kicks ass compared to the savage and the monster GT ... not the savage x, because its a piece of crap !! P.S. I jumped the lst2 10 feet high, 5 yards long with no problem braking nothing.:boxing:

Damm, someone was digging in the basement...almost 3 years old

:deadhorse Cough...........can't.......breathe............to..........much..........dust.

Back