RC4WD MILLER MOTORSPORTS REVIEW!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kolby611

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So today felt like it would never come, but it finally did! Upon cracking the first box open and getting to the second one the packaging was very neat and clean.. the truck was shipped inside of a box inside of a box, with precut foam holding it in place.. for first run I put in a 2s battery and let me tell you, she rips in high gear.. plenty of drifting jumping and crawling fun to be had!!
The initial setting on the ESC were not desirable but it is programmable both remotely with a card and on the unit with button presses..

Once I got it dialed in with my likings, I hooked it up to 3s and once again SHE RIPS!!

It’s fun at high speeds, with some suspension tuning and maybe something like a hobby wing fusion pro it would probably be a decent crawler..

It felt like it wanted to do more racing and bashing than slow crawling, at the slightest sign of strain in the motor it would throw the esc off to where you have to cycle power..

All on and all this is one of my favorite all around vehicles right now..

I was skeptical because there are no parts available yet, but upon arrival the unit is just over 13lbs and every crucial part from gears, links, and bell horns to shock bodies are all metal..

The locking front and rear diffs are cool because you can lock in 2wd, 4wd, just rear or rear and front..

Lots of fun to be had with this unit and am very impressed with the feel, looks, and features for $500
3C85B818-B956-499B-816A-4E1D5C0796FE.jpeg
FA2F702C-F82F-4DF7-8274-7B71DBB7E6B2.jpeg
69CE5957-5B76-4D2F-84C7-9088972A7153.jpeg

I love the selectable 2wd/4wd feature. I wish my crawlers had that!

Nice looking rig! Please post some video if it in action.

It does look good. Nice hearing positive things about it unlike the tf3 and the jeep that apparently weren't very good
I will definitely have a better review this weekend!
I love the selectable 2wd/4wd feature. I wish my crawlers had that!
It is a nice feature accompanied with the selectable lockers.. unlock the front and rear in 2wd and the thing turns on a dime!
Nice looking rig! Please post some video if it in action.
I’m going to a local spot on Saturday that has a couple different short course tracks and a crawler course.. I plan on the wife shooting some video while I put it through its paces

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8BmB5La/
Short video of my weekend, burned some nitro ran the rc4wd truck… I’m impressed with its performance but after really hitting a crawler course it lacks a little, with some fine tuning I think it could be a great unit!

I want to up the KV to maybe a hobbywing 2300 2 in 1 just for the sensor crawling and the kv to get a little more out of each gear…

It needs some weight down low..

It bashes really well, it even ran the track really well.. the suspension seems really at home with just high gear running hard through ruts and washout…

I didn’t break anything and I really beat on it..
all in all worth the money spent

Last edited:
I just got the release email about this the other day. It's a beautiful rig for sure. Congrats!
Thank you sir!! At first glance it is perfect but it does cog a little because the motor is sensorless.. and now that Iv had the chance to bash it and jump it, it could be a little faster…

The fix hopefully is a hobbywing 2 in 1 2300kv

That kv should up that speed and that motor is sweet when set up to crawl.. a little suspension tuning and some weight down low.. I’m going to get some metal rc4wd wheels and some brass hex’s and start there

How is this rig holding up? Havent seen any long term reviews on it.

How is this rig holding up? Havent seen any long term reviews on it.
All in all I love the thing, it’s been a gem, added a new motor, and brass weights in the wheels.. hand fabbed some brass knuckle covers front and rear.. it crawls a lot better..

Still to this day haven’t broke anything, I would love to see it become a little more popular so the aftermarket will start flowing…

It works great for all around crawling and bashing, and when my nephew comes over I throw it in 1st gear and he has a blast with it.

Nice, id really like to pick one up. Never owned an rc4wd rig. I think i would probably put some sort of sensored system in it if i do.

Nice, id really like to pick one up. Never owned an rc4wd rig. I think i would probably put some sort of sensored system in it if i do.
That’s what I went with, a hobby wing 2 in 1

I will say that working on them is a little cumbersome and really time consuming but it’s worth it, very well built and sturdy..

That’s what I went with, a hobby wing 2 in 1

I will say that working on them is a little cumbersome and really time consuming but it’s worth it, very well built and sturdy..
Does the 2 in one get hot if your driving in a more “spirited” mannor?
I was more thinking like a max10 g2 setup with a 2400kv 3665 if it would fit

Back