how can i get my rusty to go faster

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qaart

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm tired of doing 44mph with the nitro rusty i want to ramp it up to like 70 or 80 i got the car where it wont roll as much so just tell me what i need to do

Throw it in the back of a pickup truck and hit the freeway. Safest way to hit 70+ with an R/C.

J/K....convert it to brushless with high voltage lipos and you'll have more speed than you can handle.

Well seeing how this is the general nitro portion of the site i'm not sure how a lipoSUCK battery would do, (sorry shameless hate on the Electric gang)

But you need the biggerst clutchbell gear you can find EX:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Racers-Edge-Clu...1339316QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

and the smallest spur gear EX:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-NITRO-R...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

These are jus tthe ones I could find off the bat, and yea bigger better engine will definatly help, With the tall gears you will suffer poor acceleration but hey get a whoop @$$ engine and you won't have to worry about it that much. (OS 18 or 21 should drop in, and you can always go to the traxxas 3.3 I did ((very very fast!!))

Throw it in the back of a pickup truck and hit the freeway. Safest way to hit 70+ with an R/C.

J/K....convert it to brushless with high voltage lipos and you'll have more speed than you can handle.

+1 Thats exactly what I was thinking:hehe:

Thats funny I was thinking the same thing. LOL

i hate eletric i like having a engine and keeping dangerous gas in the house what could be better

i hate eletric i like having a engine and keeping dangerous gas in the house what could be better

Belive it or not I got one for ya, when the fuel is run out and you happen to have an "empty" 1 gal bottle of nitro fuel left over, take it out back keeping a safe distance from anything you value, house, wife, kids, cars, your face, stuffed animals, ect, and having it sealed shake it up, take the top off and Using a grill lighter (long snout) touch it to the opening and it takes off like a rocket!

1/5 scale gassers. even more dangerous keeping gasoline in the house WOO HOO. (live in an apartment)

even better catch your house on fire and the niegbors what more could you want

so say it was the niebors fault no 1 will no who are they going to belive a guy that keeps gas in his house or them

Well since everyone else has stolen your thread, I'll throw out a post to help along with the spur and clutchbell. If you upgrade to a 3.3, lighten it some, put a large clutchbell and small spur on it. I would imagine it would go quite quickly. I know jato's pretty much fly with the 3.3 even stock.

Heck you can always cut the frame up and fashion mounts for a big block...

Why is it the law always has to throw a wet rag onto everything? "Jeez officer, I was just trying to have a little fun"... LMAO!

I'm bout to sell my ofna lx1 it hasent even been broke in i need the money to build the 1/4th scale maybe 1/5 its 3 feet long and 1 1/2feet wide

Back