help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junglboy_152000

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
it has been about a month. i am missing out on all of the snow I'm getting here to bash my savage in. senario: pull start broke on my sirio .27 lhs has the pull start on back order. Other pull starts wont fit because the one way bearing on the sirio is f@#$in huge compared to the others. Now my friend uses a drill to start his motor on his street car but he took a socket driver, cut about 3 inches down from the handle part and put it in a drill and found the right size socket for the one way bearing and starts it that way. i was wondering if its bad for the engine if i did that. cause there is nothing there except a shaft stickin out the back of the motor. Anyone have a better idea to start it?

i dont know if i was clear. but my friend does not have anything covering the back of the motor were the pull start should be. he takes the one way bearing off after its started and running.

i dont know if its bad for it but i start my moster gt by a drill lol thats cause its made for it

i just wanna know if its ok for the shaft to be exposed like that

It should be ok. My friend had a pull start engine on his onroad and I had a non-pull engine. I use a starter box. When we ran together, he never used his pull starter, so he took the backplate off and the one way. Shaft exposed and everything. Runs perfectly fine still... This on an on-road car. Off-road has more dirt, so might get some more opinions.

Back