Help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriGGeR

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Yesterday i went out to bash and i couldnt stear i had just put new battries i checked the steering servo and it was really slow.. it took a second after u turned on my controler for it to turn on my truck my throtle works fine but i just dont understand it please help me if u can

Make sure the car isnt running, sit it in your lap. Turn the wheel from left to right (or have someone else do it) while watching the linkage. Maek sure nothing is in a bind, and their is nothing in your wheels etc.

Sometimes things bend you can't easily notice without a up close look.

If nothing is in a bind, unhook the linkage from the servo. Again have somone turn the controller while you watch. It is poissible that the servo is worn, or broken.

So check linkage. If ok
remove linkage check servo.
Check wires make sure they are in good shape and not grounding out.
Check batteries in transmitter

Try to narrow it down, peice by peice and find the culprit. I once had a peice of gravel inside my wheel, i took apart the whole damned buggy before I found out the gravel was binding the tire, not the servo or the linkage.. go figure..

Their are also several site on the web that tell you how to rebuild a servo do a google search and see what turns up.

Also when posting for help try to include as much info as possible, what car you have, radio, and servo's it helps to diagnose ;)

Does your remote have a setting for how much torque the servo puts out when you are turning (like the Savage 25??), or could be time for a new servo......, double check to make sure the batteries are fully charged or are fresh in both the radio and truck.

I have the same prob my MGT bellcranks,they are done. So I am looking to upgrade them to the AE aluminum replacements along with a Hitec 5645MG!!

Last edited:
If you recently did work on your truck, for instance when you might have been toying with your a-arm idea, you may have overtightened the linkages for the steering. The steering components need to be just tight enough to hold things in place. Any tighter than that, and you get binding. Lykan gave you some good advice...start checking for overtight parts.

it is aok i went to the lhs he looked and said ROASTED pulled out the 645 and i am set for the weekend lol