Help me guys, I am being sucked back to the darkside!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read an article about the engine swap of a SR20DET into a 240sx. It's HP is about 250. I also read you have to extend alot of the wiring harness and then tune it up. I looked at doing that with an older 240 and droppping that engine in for about $3500.oo plus shipping tranny included. Correct me if I'm but that engine came out of the 180SX and the Silvia from Japan. It's a great deal I think and then a get new front clip to make it look like the Skyline. Sweet.

I vote for getting the engine swap done on that Sentra.

Scott

S13 SR20DET Swap- 3400 w/ Harness.
S14 SR20DET Swap- 3900 w/ Harness.
S15 SR20DET Swap- 4800 w/ Harness.
RB20DET- 5100.
RB25DET/TT- 6200-6600.
RB26DETT aka My Fav.- 8000.

SR's are 4 cyl. That are easily bulletproof, RB's are my favorite engine, 6 Cyl, Can hold around 800 rwhp on stock internals, SR's can hold about 500 on stock internals.

Needless to say, I spend alot of time researching these engines, And when I Can get my hands on an SR, I do. No luck with the RB's though, They are rare.

I thought 240's were Sylvia's in Japan and 180's were just 180's. Like I said I am new also.

All I know is Nissan rules all these bitches! Represent! :smoke:

240sx is my car of choice, I am a teenager so I do have alot of time on my hands to learn about these things. I am saving up for a S13. It will be my project car. I will plan to drop a S13 Blacktop SR20DET into it, TOMEI Camshafts, and a FMIC, Because the SMIC sucks. Also with the swaps, You have to get a bigger fan. So i'll pick up an aluminum one. This is my plans, but i'm not so sure on how its going to go, But its a dream and I will live to it.

No, Scott. Here is a correction I believe is correct, The 180sx is the 240sx Hatchback. The Sentra's are 200sx's.

HB, They are called Silvia's in Japan. The 180sx is the Car I'd like to have, Some 240's look like a Stanza in the rear, Thats the fastback 240, The one I dont like. I like the hatchback.

Sorry the 200's are sylvia's I mis-spoke. I knew it was a 200 though. The 240 replaced the sentra for a few years as a 2-door model. Damn I am becoming a Nissan fanboy.

Skyline I envy you. I hope when my wife starts working in the next two years, I can do the same. That seems like a fun project and the 240 with RWD is a is perfect for it. Are you going to make it with a coupe or hatch. I vote for the coupe. You should look at Road and Track for the article I read about the engine swap, some good info.

Scott.

S13 SR20DET's on stock boost and stock everything how they came from the importer, Will run about 203 rwhp and 208 ft. lbs of torque, The blacktop S13 will push 220 rwhp. The S14 SR has about 235 If i'm wrong, I wont be suprised. I know for a fact that the S15 SR has 270 rwhp, It is the best of the SR20 series.

In Other Hobbys thread in General Chao's, I have a picture of one of the cleanest, RB26DETT engines i've ever seen, Go check it out if you guys would like.

-Skyline

Also, I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, But i'm just knowledgeable about these cars I guess...

scotthg1 said:
Skyline I envy you. I hope when my wife starts working in the next two years, I can do the same. That seems like a fun project and the 240 with RWD is a is perfect for it. Are you going to make it with a coupe or hatch. I vote for the coupe. You should look at Road and Track for the article I read about the engine swap, some good info.

Scott.

I'll be turning 16 shortly. So right now i'm just getting the permit, Focusing on my knowledge of saftey. Now with an SR swap you have to make sure you have at least a suspension upgrade. A z32 brake swap is the cheaper of the BREMBO kit, And is quite efficent i've heard.

I'll get a pic up here in a sec. Of how I'd like my 240 to look.

Skyline Racer said:
Also, I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, But i'm just knowledgeable about these cars I guess...

At least you won't put a coffee can muffler and several hundred stickers on your car and think it's a tuner. This is a side of Japanese cars I didn't know about.

Cars have been my passion for many years since age 7, I've never really had a person there to teach me so i've basically taught myself most of it. My Career will hopefully be a major in owning a Custom Shop for performance of bikes, imports, muscle, domestics. I'd love to work at OCC right now.

Man, get the JIC's, but get the ones that are more race orientated than street. Then get some good tires and you'd be set.

Last edited:
Hey HB the Silvia also had the 240 badge on it. Here's a pic.

http://www.j-garage.com/2310.htm

It's all messed up because the 240 was also like you siad the 2 door sentra.
And it the 240 was a part of the Z family in the 70's. The 240z,260z,280z and I had a 1977 280z. Fun to drive.

just do the nissan humboldt, fun every day.

oh and skyline, just to get your panties in a bunch. there is a guy that lives around me that has a rb25det in a 240sx notchback. sick car, he throws revs and bov at me every time we pass going opposite ways. havent had the chance to run him yet but it will be interesting when i do. I've seen what he puts down at dyno days, still a stock motor.

CorradoPsi said:

oh and skyline, just to get your panties in a bunch. there is a guy that lives around me that has a rb25det in a 240sx notchback. sick car, he throws revs and bov at me every time we pass going opposite ways. havent had the chance to run him yet but it will be interesting when i do. I've seen what he puts down at dyno days, still a stock motor.

Do the 1:1,spring is still some time away.

Chris, your going to run the 240 with your scary beater?????? :jk:

Corrado, Stop now... I'm getting a urge of envy. :)

scotthg1 said:
Hey HB the Silvia also had the 240 badge on it. Here's a pic.

http://www.j-garage.com/2310.htm

It's all messed up because the 240 was also like you siad the 2 door sentra.
And it the 240 was a part of the Z family in the 70's. The 240z,260z,280z and I had a 1977 280z. Fun to drive.

Yeah, like I said I am new and just learning. Bad ass car none the less.

DarthRacer said:
At least you won't put a coffee can muffler and several hundred stickers on your car and think it's a tuner. This is a side of Japanese cars I didn't know about.

Nah man, Not my style at all. If I got sponsered then yeah i'd throw a sticker or two on my car, But it would only be lined up on the door, under the mirror. That is if i got sponsered.

CorradoPsi said:

haha, there's this guy with a black 240 i see ALL the time who's turbocharged. Never talked to him so I dunno if he did a turbo or engine swap, i'd imagine he did a swap.

I managed to get behind him and he took off a little bit. Was burning a lot of oil, but car seemed pretty quick. Only problem was he is all engine. It's funny to me cuz i know i'd kick the poop outta him in the twisties.

Back