having truble with back tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy1jr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a t-maxx 2.5. I am having problems with it. When i give it gas the back tires dont spin just the fronts. I took off the back tires and put them back on to make sure that everything was tight.and I am still having the same problem.

did you check the rear center driveshaft?

If the drive shaft checks out, then the next step is the rear diff. Make sure the shaft isn't stripped, and that the pins are intact on both ends.

Also check the screw-pins that hold the slider shafts onto the little diff shafts. They like to work themselves out. When they do, the diff will spin but the axle won't get any power or at least not after the diff axle chews up the slider.

i agree with Rolex and Olds it has to be a pin in a shaft or the rear diff, what else could it be? more than likely the diff is bad or the center shaft pin came out or sheared i doubt both side driveshaft shaft pins fell out or sheared.

Last edited:
Where do i look to see if the pins came out?

Also check the screw-pins that hold the slider shafts onto the little diff shafts. They like to work themselves out. When they do, the diff will spin but the axle won't get any power or at least not after the diff axle chews up the slider.
i see said the blind man thanks Olds. look here part 5145 http://www.traxxas.com/PDF-Library/4908_shafts.pdf if the pin fell out it will just turn on the shaft

Last edited:
ok i check all the pins and screws and everything is still in place.

You'll need to remove and check that diff next, but just to make sure, first pull the wheels and make sure you didn't strip out the plastic hex hubs.

More then likely the diff. I just had my front blow and just said F&*$ it and took them out and I am keep two wheel drive.

you can do that and it it wont mess up the truck or the motor

More then likely the diff. I just had my front blow and just said F&*$ it and took them out and I am keep two wheel drive.

Might as well just get a stampede. A 2 wheel drive T Maxx is like having a hot rod with spare tires on it. Kinda pointless. Slipper clutches are there for a reason.;)

ya I dont think i will do that I like the truck to much. I dont want to mess it up.

Back