Happy New Year!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep telling them to build their snow forts in bigger plow drifts and as close to the street as possible!!! :hehe:
All 'kid'ding aside, these guys are REAL good kids! I do feel fortunate to have them as a part of my life! I am really pulling for them, trying to help however I can to keep their grades up this year! So far, they're doing GREAT! If we can keep this going, I'm hoping to get them both neck deep into rc over the summer! Unfortunately, this past summer, one 'remained' in school... The other didn't do so badly but it's difficult to try and get just the one of them into rc while the other is being punished. I felt like it was punishing the pair of them and that really SUCKED! Anyways, fingers crossed, rc 'to do' list is still growing.

I keep telling them to build their snow forts in bigger plow drifts and as close to the street as possible!!! :hehe:
All 'kid'ding aside, these guys are REAL good kids! I do feel fortunate to have them as a part of my life! I am really pulling for them, trying to help however I can to keep their grades up this year! So far, they're doing GREAT! If we can keep this going, I'm hoping to get them both neck deep into rc over the summer! Unfortunately, this past summer, one 'remained' in school... The other didn't do so badly but it's difficult to try and get just the one of them into rc while the other is being punished. I felt like it was punishing the pair of them and that really SUCKED! Anyways, fingers crossed, rc 'to do' list is still growing.

That's great!....I got some Grandkids an they are a handful ,they can be stubborn!
Grand daughter likes to get her older brother in trouble an blame him for things that he didn't do....:hehe:
They are only 4 & 6 year olds ,it amazes me how they learn to manipulate at such a young age!....:eek:

I believe those could be considered phases but it's up to the adults to put a stop to the manipulation. That could lead to some bad times down the road. Tough on the boy for sure! The girl could easily end up with a 'crying wolf' rep as well. Fortunately they are young. One thing for sure, kids are resilient!

Pretty sure the decision to get the bigger riding mower over the small tractor was based on its beverage capacities!!!
LMAO!
Takes me 20 or 30 bucks worth of gas to mow mine, but a lot of that is going back to the fridge. No place to really strap a cooler on.... Got little pull behind cart. Maybe fix it. 2 maybe 3 bags of ice?

There's always room for a cooler.
82d550056651fbb91e8e0f7111a2812a.jpg

How are you my friend? Good to see ya on.
I'm not around much anymore either. Life has been in the way of my hobbies.....
Was trying to move some of my Rc stuff this summer. Forgot how much I had. Man I miss it. I used to love building the planes. Hope I can get back into soon. I have enough room to fly small stuff where I live, but nowhere to build yet.

Hope you and all my friends have a great year.

I'm hanging in there. I am recovering from shoulder surgery at the moment so I haven't done a whole lot except piss off the old lady. I'm not good at much in life, but apparently I excel at that. In fact she used the D Word again last week....don't know if shes really serious this time. Time will tell. I may be in the down sizing mode here soon too.

I'm hanging in there. I am recovering from shoulder surgery at the moment so I haven't done a whole lot except piss off the old lady. I'm not good at much in life, but apparently I excel at that. In fact she used the D Word again last week....don't know if shes really serious this time. Time will tell. I may be in the down sizing mode here soon too.
Sounds like you get that " go to hell look" look a lot too. It's hard to keep a marriage together.
Don't know what to tell ya. Listen to her, don't shut her out because you got mad. Takes a hell of a lot of patience. See if she is willing to sit down and talk? Maybe watch tv, go out and eat? Just something to spend a bit of time together.

I'm on my second marriage, still not sure how it's done...
After being laid off for about 5 months, I'm working 10, 12 hours a day. 'Ol lady is with the kids all day. I know she is stressed too. After work I would love to just go in a corner somewhere on this property and drink a few beers. I come in chase the grand kids for a minute and sit down and talk to her for the rest of the night.

Have to give her a lot of credit. She knows me. I pick what I am gonna work on first, and she won't rag on me about it.
Good luck bro.

Sounds like you get that " go to hell look" look a lot too. It's hard to keep a marriage together.
Don't know what to tell ya. Listen to her, don't shut her out because you got mad. Takes a hell of a lot of patience. See if she is willing to sit down and talk? Maybe watch tv, go out and eat? Just something to spend a bit of time together.

I'm on my second marriage, still not sure how it's done...
After being laid off for about 5 months, I'm working 10, 12 hours a day. 'Ol lady is with the kids all day. I know she is stressed too. After work I would love to just go in a corner somewhere on this property and drink a few beers. I come in chase the grand kids for a minute and sit down and talk to her for the rest of the night.

Have to give her a lot of credit. She knows me. I pick what I am gonna work on first, and she won't rag on me about it.
Good luck bro.

Thanks bro! We have talked some so far, and at least she has admitted that she may have overreacted a bit. I guess that is good. I will keep at it though, and try not to push the issue with her. I know that I need to give her space. I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but I know it takes two to make a marriage work. I know that it doesn't matter how much I want it to work, if she doesn't try, then its over. I guess we will see how it goes my friend. I do love her, and hope we can work out our differences.