Happy Father's Day

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just wanted to wish all of our father's that we have with us a very happy Father's Day. I know that many of us no longer have the blessing of having our father's here with us now, and it can be a very hard day. I lost my Dad a few years ago, and it's always a tough weekend, so I wanted to let you guys know that I will be praying for you to make it through the weekend and remember all of the good times shared. For those of you who are still blessed with having your father here with you, cherish the times that you get to spend together, as none of us ever know what tomorrow will bring. For the guys on here who have father's that are ill, I will also be praying for you.

And for all of our new dad's on here, I want you with you a VERY happy first Father's Day. Many of us got into this hobby because our dad's passed down his love for working on things, tools, and mechanical things, and others have stuck with the hobby because their families supported them, whether it was by buying then their first real RC, or just taking them to the races on the weekend, and our father's deserved to be honored and remembered.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Dad, I'll always love you and remember the times that we shared together, whether it was driving around looking for old trucks behind barns, or sharing the joys when we got a certain tool that we saved up to buy. I live my life the way I do because of the values and morals that you instilled upon me.

Last edited:
I just wanted to wish all of our father's that we have with us a very happy Father's Day. I know that many of us no longer have the blessing of having our father's here with us now, and it can be a very hard day. I lost my Dad a few years ago, and it's always a tough weekend, so I wanted to let you guys know that I will be praying for you to make it through the weekend and remember all of the good times shared. For those of you who are still blessed with having your father here with you, cherish the times that you get to spend together, as none of us ever know what tomorrow will bring. For the guys on here who have father's that are ill, I will also be praying for you.

And for all of our new dad's on here, I want you with you a VERY happy first Father's Day. Many of us got into this hobby because our dad's passed down his love for working on things, tools, and mechanical things, and others have stuck with the hobby because their families supported them, whether it was by buying then their first real RC, or just taking them to the races on the weekend, and our father's deserved to be honored and remembered.

HAPPY FATHER"S DAY!!

Dad, I'll always love you and remember the times that we shared together, whether it was driving around looking for old trucks behind barns, or sharing the joys when we got a certain tool that we saved up to buy. I live my life the way I do because of the values and morals that you instilled upon me.

WOW...awesome post! Thank you very much Charlie! And I wish you the very same. Happy fathers day.

Great sentiments Charlie!! I'm lucky enough to still have my dad with me. This time of year I always think about everything I've learned from him and I'd like to think I'm a pretty good father because of it.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Fathers Day!!

I'm currently installing music on a Zume I got my dad for fathers day for him.

Hope all you fathers out there have a great day tomarrow and a even better weekend!

Wow...that was some post Charlie. Thank you for the good wishes and Happy Father's day to all our dads here.

this is my 3rd year as a dad and i'm looking forward to enjoying my little guys running in and screaming 'WAKE UP'

Very nice post Charlie.

We got my dad a Macbook Pro. He loves it. It's also very easy for him to use. Best of all, he can use it to webcam with us while my parents go on vacation for their anniversary.

Hope all you dads out their have a ROCKIN' day!

thanks! there having a rc pro series race down at team crc, ill be able to go for my fathers day gift, its very hard to go anywhere alone with a wife and two kids, if they older, i would love to bring them, but its too hard to watch them and watch the race and talk to friends

Great post Charlie!

I lost mine Dad a few years ago too. Still think about him a lot.
For those of you that still have father's, the gifts are nice, but nothing compares to the times together.
If you are able to, spend the day with Dad.

Happy Father's day!

Wow, terrific sentiments, Charlie!

So, my Father's Day? Let's see, finished staining my kid's swingset/fort, went and got the truck washed, went to the grocery store to get stuff for a cookout tonight, mowed the lawn and now we are going to our neighbor's house for a graduation party for their daughter.

Yes, I had to do some work, but because I travel just about every week, weekends are the only times I have to get caught up.

Funny thing, though. Had my wife, daughter and son all pitching in to help me, so it wasn't work! We talked about my daughter's week at farm camp last week and my son, who just got back from his trip to Alabama with his grandparents, regaled us all with tales of fish caught and driving a boat. I told them what awesome meetings I had with Embarq in Tampa, Ft. Myers and Naples (surprisingly, they didn't seem to care much) and my lovely wife talked about her trip to the movies with her sister.

Before you know it, swingset/fort was done!

So, for all you Dad's out there, have a cold one on me!

Dang rain!!

Father's Day has been great so far. Wife and kids got me an iPod Nano to use when I go running. I took care of a few things this morning and planned on taking my son to my father-in-laws house to thrash the Revo on some dirt and gravel piles. We got to their house and whamo the storms came rolling in, I was really itching to try the truck on those piles.

Not all is lost though, the dad's are coming over for a cookout later - so I'm sure us 3 dad's will have a good meal and some good laughs.

Happy Fathers Day gentlemen. I just got back in from W.V. (in-laws). Hope everybody had a terrific day :)

Back