Got Me a Rock Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW that is sweet.....damm whaqt are we trying to do here! out do each other LOL Mine is bigger than yours na na na :idea:

NC started it... lol

I will be studying Msly's JPS Chassis in hopes that it will give me some ideas for a custom chassis of my own..

STOP IT
JUST F'ING STOP IT
I'm a toy junkie too and this $h!T is killing me...
oh and Zandor I don't need to have the best rock crawler to over compensate like these other guys do......lol...

cause I know I couldn't compensate enough to make up....
I just thought I'd beat every one to the punch line....

There aren't many rocks around here to crawl on but it did not stop me from building a stretched TLT-1. Awesome go anywhere little truck. It will be finished once I add 2.2 size wheels and a 1/10 scale body.

Enjoy:
TLT_Outdoors_1.jpg

TLT%20Outdoors%203.jpg

TLT%20Outdoors%204.jpg

TLT-10%20Posing%201.jpg

TLT-10%20Posing%203.jpg

TLT-10%20Posing%204.jpg

Did somebody say streched TLT....
zzzzzzzzz6ah.jpg

All this talk about crawlers is making me want another one too :radio:

SMaxxin said:
Did somebody say streched TLT....
All this talk about crawlers is making me want another one too :radio:

Nice. What wheelbase are you at? Mine is a hair shorter than 11 inches.

from what i hear the super rooster is one of the best for rock crawling

msly said:
$172.95 is a little too steep for my blood.... I will not be involved in any racing or competitive crawling..... Thanks for the info.

That esc and two 7 cell 3300 packs coupled with two 55 turn motors will give you right around 75 miniuts of run time if not more..And don't forget 8or 9 on the pinion gear

sweet vids... I just dont think that I would have the patience to go that slow and get up those rocks...but sweet vid!

redhatman said:
sweet vids... I just dont think that I would have the patience to go that ks inslow and get up those rocks...but sweet vid!

Trust me when I say the first time you run one...You will want one..I thought the same thing you do.Its so slow but when you drive it and see what it can do the very cool factor kicks in......

redhatman said:
sweet vids... I just dont think that I would have the patience to go that slow and get up those rocks...but sweet vid!

The first time you see it climb something you though it would never get over you will change your mind

Last edited:
I have to get crawler now...
Clod seems to be the most popular - no one is looking into the TXT-1? I am. From what I have learned you basically extend the wheelbase and move the shocks and you have a crawler with good articulation - anyone hear different?

This sucks. All this new crawler talk and I'm jonesing. Bad. I hate you all. Good night....

Great, it took me a while to get into the offroad scene now there's rock crawling ... that'll useful like a hole in the head! I don't think I can get into rock crawling. Too slow for me. Then again, all I need is to get together with one of you guys and try it out once and I'll probably be hooked.

EDIT
OK, out of curiosity, what's needed to get into rockcrawling? What's a good ballpark figure as well? Break it down, parts wise. Money is already being flushed down the toilet as I type this anyway so nevermind the figures ...

Last edited:
Bruce, I heard that the TXT-1s are too top heavy. They also have a transmission and driveshafts to the axles, where as the clods motors mount right to the gearbox. I like the clod set ups better myself.

Candyman said:
This sucks. All this new crawler talk and I'm jonesing. Bad. I hate you all. Good night....

Don't feel too bad. The only RC I have that can really run outside is this. It's good for creeping over rough terrrain, and obstacles, but it can't do any serious rock crawling, and it's not very fast.

Back