Good first rock crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoRnKiD

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am thinking about building or buying a rock crawler. Is there any way I can tlike get a rolling chassi for cheep or should I go TXT-1 is a TXT-1 a kit??? I need some input.

Hey Korn kid i was gonna build one,i estimated it at $750,look at my post in member projects.
here is what i was gonna use(dont get a TXT-1 if you buy a Kit Buy a Clodbuster):Gecko Chassis
Big Bore Shocks
Clod Axles
Super rooster Reversible ESC Mayhem Magnetics magnetic mayhem reversible

This is to do a build up.

also check out ClodTalk
They have alot of info

like the clod aint good out of the box.so u would need to epgrade everything anyway so just do a build up.and u can get what every tirea and wheels you want, if you use tmaxx wheel you will need adapters. if u need any more info just i/m me or email me at [email protected]

hey guys!!
me and my friend made a low end rock crawler, we put a xtm 247 in a maxx, put jumbo kong tires, 84t spur gear, rpm a arms, dynamite bulks, traxxas lower suspension arms, 18t cluch bell, forward only shaft, no reverse, and traxxas big bore shocks.
good luck!

dang thats the 2nd pic I've seen with jumbo congs staying afloat in water thats nuts. Hmm iam not sure I might just buy a rolling chassis from that gecko chassis and build it up from there is that a good idea?

Where are you gonna run at???

You had to go and say it.. peepee!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I want one too but had it in the back of my mind buried somewhere until I saw this)
thanx ALOT not...

Mc trust me its not hard to get a rock pile there is more rocks than I know what to do with at my grandmas house and if not I can buy some. Besides iam sure you know how choppy my back yard is lol.

besides MC I thought you wanted a small one like 1/18 scale.

Last edited: