GM products and Duratrax?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade88

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am gonna get a electric ST, to mess around with. Someone here mentioned that Tamiya and Duratrax are not too good, I agree on the Tamiya part since i have never had a Duratrax. I am looking at the AE RC10T4 with abrushless Novak. Anyone here use Gm batteries? are they any good?

Just get a Losi mini-t. That's the ultimate in an electric that's fun to mess around with. You can drive that thing all around the house since it's a mini off-roader

I have ample outdoor space with good weather so I see no reason to run indoors. My q has still not been answered!

Honestly I've never heard of GM batteries but you can't go wrong with that pick for an RC ride.

Add to that the fact that you want to run brushless, that thing should fly. You may need to get some stronger drivetrain parts at some point to handle all that tourque but thats a great ST.

I thought that much, I will stick to whats good. Any views on Duratrax?

GM makes a top shelf battery. Just like any battery company you have different quality's to choose from.

Decide how many cells you want and how long you want them to last and choose some cells. The quality difference is measured by the discharge rate for the most part. For the best results get a matched set. The higher the quality and the closer the set matches the more you will pay.

So to answer your question GM makes one hell of a battery.
-Ed

Another great stick pack of matched cells is the Orion matched 3300. nice alternative to soldering your own cells. remember! if u use the noval brushless u MUST use a brushless ESC as well. A regular ESC will not work. Also, using brushless technology, it is MUCH more suceptable to current loss and the wires between the esc and the motor can be no longer than about 2-3 inches. this will propose a small problem in the T4 as its original setup requires about a 6 inch space between the ESC and the motor. make sure u take these issues into account.

Not sure on battery stuff, but take a long around on this forum and you will notice that duratrax is not too ppopular a name. For the same amount of money (few bucks more) you could get a losi or something that has alot better quality, and alot more hopp-ups. Duratrax = duratrash and thats from someone that owns them!

Will it be better for me to run a Mild mod and a normal ESC than a Brushless.? I am going to run the Novak with the ESC already connected. Most of the guys on the RC10T4 board run this setup without problems. RC10T4.com

Last edited:
u can run the brushless just fine - but u have to use an ESC that is specifically for a brushless setup. some of the Novak systems come as a package, and that would work just fine. I'm warning u though - be VERY careful about making those wires short enough. I have an electric mono with a novak system in it. and when the wires are too long, u rapidly loose current which causes mass amounts of heat, and can lead to fire.

I am going to go for the Novak that comes with the ESC. I just hate Electric motor maintenance.