Glow Plugs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segt

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought an OS #8 glow plug for my savage x (stock engine) and the OS plug seems to be slightly shorter than the stock one - did i buy the right plug?
Thanks.

i can't tell if it will work but i wouldn't run it if i was you. I had an S25 and ran out of plugs so i went to the lhs to grab some more. They didn't have my mc-59's in stock but sold me another one they SWORE was a direct replacement. I got about 20 yds down the road and i heard a loud POP as the engine internally grenaded.

Damn thats bad luck. So should i be running an mc-59 in my savage rather than the OS#8? Thanks.

thats what i ran in my S25.....

i run the #8 in my OS .30

So do you recon the OS will be ok, or is there a specific plug i should be using? - The only difference is the length, don't know wether its a problem or not. Thanks.

i wouldnt be too concerned with a shorter plug. A longer one and the piston might hit it. You may have to retune but i don't think anything like what happened to mine will occur

Ok then ill stik with the OS, asked someone today and he runs the OS and seems to be fine. Thanks for your help.

i have a axial 28 (which u can c iv posted in "savage pic's") and i have no clue what spark plug I'm running, i have no clue how to tell the difference in spark plug proformance ,and i have no clue about what the numbers mean!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

numbers mean different things. Most glow plugs are etched in the hex part with some sort of identification. Glow plugs come in different lengths and temperatures and styles (ie. turbo).

my engine came with a turbo plug but iv heard their expensive. do they make a difference?

If your engine comes with one, you have to use them. The end of the plug is tapered and the plug doesn't use a brass/copper washer to seal. It uses the taper in the plug to match the taper in the engine head to make the seal. A standard plug won't screw in properly.

Back