Getting into electric, any suggestions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
atleast decent nimh batts are cheap. I got a Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger that does both battery types. Only down side is no AC power supply with it, but I can buy or make one relatively easily. If you want to unload those NIMH batteries let me know. I have nothing for the electric side of this hobby and wouldnt mind picking up some spares even if I'll be going brushless in the future.

Edit:
Charger was only 40-45 shipped. Seemed like a decent deal.

You are gonna love the XXX-SCB. Run it for a while stock and then upgrade to the Castle Sidewinder SCT combo. You'll love it even more. Check out the Losi lighting kit for it too. It is about $20 and installs in just minutes into the existing light buckets. It gives this buggy a sweet look, especially at night.

You are gonna love the XXX-SCB. Run it for a while stock and then upgrade to the Castle Sidewinder SCT combo. You'll love it even more. Check out the Losi lighting kit for it too. It is about $20 and installs in just minutes into the existing light buckets. It gives this buggy a sweet look, especially at night.

Yea that's what I thought. The fun side of me says juice it up right now. The logical says just save for the parts and use as is. This is the route I will go. Get used to it for a week or two then go 2s lipo for a couple months, then go brushless assuming I do more dirt play then spec racing.

ae6edb75-659f-b674.jpg

ae6edb75-65aa-fcdf.jpg

Got my car in today when I got home. Battery was in mailbox. Charger is on slow boat from China. I failed to pay attention when buying it. 3-4 more weeks. Going to buddies house after kids go down to grab his charger. Hope it doesn't take too long to charge. I wanna play tonight.

Last edited:
atleast decent nimh batts are cheap. I got a Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger that does both battery types. Only down side is no AC power supply with it, but I can buy or make one relatively easily. If you want to unload those NIMH batteries let me know. I have nothing for the electric side of this hobby and wouldnt mind picking up some spares even if I'll be going brushless in the future.

Edit:
Charger was only 40-45 shipped. Seemed like a decent deal.

i only have the overlander 5000mah 8.4 7 cell and the traxxas powercell 3000mah left both with trx connectors if your interested bear in mind I'm from the uk so dont know how much they willl be to post , let me no as soon as tho as going to put them on ebay to fund some more lipos lol

i only have the overlander 5000mah 8.4 7 cell and the traxxas powercell 3000mah left both with trx connectors if your interested bear in mind I'm from the uk so dont know how much they willl be to post , let me no as soon as tho as going to put them on ebay to fund some more lipos lol

Ah, probably not going to be worth it by the time they get shipped here. I got my batterys wired up today and certainly not impressed with NIMH performance in this car, gotta go lipo asap.

by the time you paid for postage you could of brought a brand new one , or a cheap lipo , I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered . waiting very patiently lol

Back