To return or to keep? Suggestions wanted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N. Mango

I swear the voices are real!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So my son has a lot of fun with my max smasher and being the stingy kid in the house, I don't want to share my stuff much 🤣😜

Anyway, I got him an 1/18 FMS FJ Cruiser. He picked it out of a lineup I had made. Well it arrived last night and the thing is beautiful! Super scale realistic!
He loved it for the 1st 20min. then said it's too slow. hahaha
He also wants bigger tires. After looking over the rig I can see potential for a cool "monster fj" project but would be more than should be spent on a kid that just wants to run it into stuff more than actual running.:rolleyes:😅

Now do I keep it for a project and turn it into a cool JF MONSTER? (for me) or do I return it?
Also the most important question...what would be a faster but not too fast rig that would catch the attention of a 7yo boy?
He had a volcano16 before we moved and as far as I can recall it was pretty quick for him running indoors...though still an option.
The new rig would need to be capable both indoors and out...be easy to run slow without too much jerking...have enough speed to be considered fast (comparable to the max smasher in high gear) and of course look "cool".

Any and all suggestions appreciated!🤙
20230403_134044.jpg

How about the FMS power wagon? It's got fairly big tires, and I hear it's got some speed.

So my son has a lot of fun with my max smasher and being the stingy kid in the house, I don't want to share my stuff much 🤣😜

Anyway, I got him an 1/18 FMS FJ Cruiser. He picked it out of a lineup I had made. Well it arrived last night and the thing is beautiful! Super scale realistic!
He loved it for the 1st 20min. then said it's too slow. hahaha
He also wants bigger tires. After looking over the rig I can see potential for a cool "monster fj" project but would be more than should be spent on a kid that just wants to run it into stuff more than actual running.:rolleyes:😅

Now do I keep it for a project and turn it into a cool JF MONSTER? (for me) or do I return it?
Also the most important question...what would be a faster but not too fast rig that would catch the attention of a 7yo boy?
He had a volcano16 before we moved and as far as I can recall it was pretty quick for him running indoors...though still an option.
The new rig would need to be capable both indoors and out...be easy to run slow without too much jerking...have enough speed to be considered fast (comparable to the max smasher in high gear) and of course look "cool".

Any and all suggestions appreciated!🤙
View attachment 162855
why not a max smasher of his own?

How about the FMS power wagon? It's got fairly big tires, and I hear it's got some speed.
He doesn't like the look. 🤷‍♂️
why not a max smasher of his own?
I suggested that and he wants one that's different than mine.

He did say that he's ok with the FJ so we'll see if it keeps his attention. If not then I'll take it over and continue thinking of options.
The problem is that I only spoil him when he's good...BUT HE'S ALWAYS GOOD! (not counting waking me up by farting in my face!) 🤢🤣🤣🤣
So true!

Sorry I can't help you. Too busy watching the dog try to drown a duck. 😆🤣

The problem is that I only spoil him when he's good...BUT HE'S ALWAYS GOOD!
Breydon was the same way. Just the best little guy. Now he's turning into a pain in my butt... "Dad, can you buy me some game credits?" I can't help but spoil him - he's my only kid. He is a really great help when he's here though, so he usually deserves anything he asks for. Enjoy the hell out of them when they are young man. They grow up soooooo fast!

Start shopping for upgrades for the FJ. Get him shopping with you. He will likely grow to appreciate it more 😉

Breydon was the same way. Just the best little guy. Now he's turning into a pain in my butt... "Dad, can you buy me some game credits?" I can't help but spoil him - he's my only kid. He is a really great help when he's here though, so he usually deserves anything he asks for. Enjoy the hell out of them when they are young man. They grow up soooooo fast!

Start shopping for upgrades for the FJ. Get him shopping with you. He will likely grow to appreciate it more 😉
Great advice, Thank you! They do grow so fast!😟

Back