Gas Prices

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you think a $10 can of baby formula costs $5 in 3rd world countries. Unfortunately sometimes the people with a little more jingling in their pocket are actually paying for gas for someone who can't afford the real price. Remember that the next time someone calls wanting some money for some type of, "help us become millionaires while we give our pocket change to the people we make you think we are helping."

it's only $1.69 here or so. I'm glad i don't still live in cali. They run a gas-alcohol mix for emmission. then they pile on the state taxes. gas used to be like 0.50 cents cheaper in oregon per gallon.

Originally posted by kwong2001
eh, cops are assholes, they do stupid poop. I hate cops, don't let me find out anyone from this board is a cop...lol

Don't let Team 17 here you say that. I think this country need law enforcement with all the crazy ass people running around. They have a hard job, and their goal is not customer satisfaction.

Originally posted by El Pirata
Radar guns have become pretty accurate over the years and I would not doubt that if he said you were doing 81 you were doing 81. Count yourself lucky, that's a reckless driving in Virginia.

Yes they are pretty accurate these days. The factor being that the gun is calibrated everyday. If you are pulled over in California and the cop says he has you on radar doing whatever speed, you can say please show me the maintiance log proving that this gun was calobrated in the last 24hrs. If he cannot present you with the requested documents guess who doesn't get a ticket! You will have to check your state traffic laws to see if this applies in your state, but my uncle who is a CHP in Cali told me this so I know it to be 100% true.

Yeah they calibrate them daily however ask for the last time the calibration machine was calibrated. I had a buddy get out of a speeding ticket because they could not provide documentation as to when the calibration machine had been calibrated. I mean honestly it's like trying to add 627 and 418 but you think the numbers were 607 and 402. No matter what you do you will not get the correct answer is the numbers don't jive at the start.

I wish I could meet the idiots that determine gas prices face to face and let them have it. When I went into work the average gas price for unleaded was $1.74. When I got out of work the average price for unleaded is now $1.90!!!! WTF? Last I checked today isn't Thursday. GRRRRRR......

90% of the time Thursday is the day when gas prices change around here.

I have to second that regarding the Thursday price jump, I have a friend that is a manager at a local gas station and she told me to always get your gas on weds. night or thursday morning, it has something to do with more people will buy gas over the weekend then on a weekday, due to the fact that they are normally out doing their grocery shopping and while they are out they just decide to stop in and fill up for the next week.

Gas Companies are the biggest scam on the planet, just like utility companies. Their motto is "You have to buy our product to live a normal life so we are going to stick it to you any way that we can and you can't do anything about it, You have to use our products"

The latest I heard about WHY they have raised prices is due to the blackout here on the east coast and the shutdown of some pipeline on the west coast. I overheard a gas station manager telling his crew that the prices should start comming down in a week or two.

While I too have a major dislike for any cop (yes even though Team17 is basically my bother) I dont discount their jobs at all. I know I would not want to face most of the crimnal element in my town for any reason. Not that I am weak or afraid but just for the fact that they typically dont play by any rules. Too many of the wannabe thugs around here will pull out a gun without ever thinking of the consequenses.

Also, having been pulled over many many times, I cannot say that it was ever for no reason. Every ticket I ever received was because I was breaking a law. Speeding, no seatbelt (yes they can pull you over for that now in NJ too), eating a light, whetever. And beleive it or not, I was let off even more time than I received tickets. Lets say out of 20 stops I only received 8 tickets.

Thanx humboldt for backing up law enforcement. Kwong is allowed to voice his opinion. :argue: I'm sure when he's in need that butthead cop will still be there to help.

Originally posted by Team 17
Kwong is allowed to voice his opinion. :argue: I'm sure when he's in need that butthead cop will still be there to help.
A lovely thought...

Back