Gas Prices

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What's with the high gas prices in the land of the big PX? I mean I was in Central America and was spending less on gas than here. WTF???

Its ridiculous!

I think they are trying to bail out the economy. Thats the ONLY logical explanation!

it just a big game for those jerk offs that own the gas companies! i think its ridiculous when some goes wrong in the world it takes hours for it to cause gas prices to go up. but it takes months for it to drop after it happens!?! it if keeps going up I'm going to have to stay home!! i guess i will have to build a RC track in the backyard then LOL

ALCAHOL, IS THE ANSWER...........Seriously, you can run any vehicle on pure clean non emission alacahol, they did it in the 60-70's and some people still do. Why wont they open Alacahol stations? Awww because the Oil companies are affraid to go out of buisness, to bad damit, you can buy a 40 gallon drum of alcahol for 20 bucks!
Well since theyll never do that, I guess my next Truck is going to be a Ford F-250 Crew Cab Power Stroke DIESEL!!!!!!

But the prices should drop some time, hopefully....

What gets me about gas prices is somethings goes wrong, there's a shortage, gas prices go up, shortage goes away, gas prices go down...but only a little and not what they were before. Around here's it's like $1.85/gal on the cheap stuff. I got a damn economy car with a 13 gallon tank and it took 19.75 to fill the fiddlesticker up.

This's rediculous. Just a year or so ago it was like $1.30!!!!

2.49 in Eureka so the rest of you can drink a tall glass of shut the hell up. Eureka is the most expensive place in the nation for gas always. Our gas company is owned by the mafia or something.

2.35 and rising for Regular. Take that...

Well..Here its only 67.9 cents per L..Don't know what the price is per Gallon..And in B.C its up to about 80 cents a L..

Well for premium its 2.70 a gallon, for unleaded its 1.98 a gallon I dont know the others. I just buy premium and unleaded.

Ya I know its sad but then again its wered like were around were I live its that much but you go out were my dad works and its cheeper? and its like 2 miles away from were I live. WTF is up with that?

They think its going to fix the economy. The motorist supports this whole country. Heres what life in New York is like for someone who drives ...

* Theres a $105.00 fine for a parking violation. This includes stupid things like expired parking meters.

* We have red light cameras that take pictures at random even if the light is green. If they get a readable pic of your license plate, your screwed out of $105.00. Again, this is even if the light was green. The light itself doesn't even have to appear in the picture. Intersections that have these cameras are now death traps because drivers are now stopping short at the yellow light.

* Gas is like $1.75 for regular unleaded.

* Tolls have all been raised because the Tranbsit Authority managed to raise them before being busted for lying to the public about their earnings. It now cats me like $400.00 per month to go to work a lousy 6 miles away.

* There is a ticket blitz on progress that our mayor swears doesn't exist. We get ticketed for everything. I was ticketed for blocking an intersection even though a cop directed me there. Yes, the same cop who wrote the ticket.

EB

Originally posted by elburro
* We have red light cameras that take pictures at random even if the light is green. If they get a readable pic of your license plate, your screwed out of $105.00. Again, this is even if the light was green. The light itself doesn't even have to appear in the picture. Intersections that have these cameras are now death traps because drivers are now stopping short at the yellow light.

* Tolls have all been raised because the Tranbsit Authority managed to raise them before being busted for lying to the public about their earnings. It now cats me like $400.00 per month to go to work a lousy 6 miles away.

* There is a ticket blitz on progress that our mayor swears doesn't exist. We get ticketed for everything. I was ticketed for blocking an intersection even though a cop directed me there. Yes, the same cop who wrote the ticket.

EB
1st, I doubt that there's seriously a flaw like that in the photo of the traffic violation otherwise the city's facing one hell of a lawsuit with a semi smart lawyer.

2nd, you might want to invest in a bike for trips just like that as well as a bike rack for your car to maybe drive some of the distance and bike the rest.

3rd, if you were directed exactly where you went to by the cop he shouldn't have written you a ticket. Taking that one to the judge you would have gotten off easily depending on your driving record. Also it may seem like they ticket for anything and everything but I'll bet it's either your circle of friends and relatives driving styles and ages that make it seem that way. I have not gotten a ticket since 1995.

eh, cops are assholes, they do stupid poop. I hate cops, don't let me find out anyone from this board is a cop...lol

Sigh...gas went up another 10 cents over the weekend. Unleaded costs $1.74 right now. Right now would be a good time for someone to invent a transporter system. Something like in the Star Trek series. :)

Me too, hate coppers,

A NY state trooper pull me over, gave me a ticket for 81mph in a 55 zone. I was on the Taconic State Parkway, looking for a Sunoco gas station with a working credit card reader. The nearest ones (in Ludingtonville, just off I-84 exit 17; and Carmel off of Dykeman Road which is off of SR-52) had a faulty credit reader, and allowed cash only, respectively.

So i decided the quickest way was via Taconic to Hopewell Junction, not doing any more than 75mph, and i pass the Miller Hill Road on-ramp, and super-bright lights appear coming off the ramp in my rear-view mirror.

He races to catch up to me, (it's pitch black at this time around 9pm) and i instantly know it's a state trooper and i pull into the right lane. just before the taconic's I-84 exit, he lights me, and cites me without saying a word, except "Do you have you license and registration?" truth is i only had my license, don't know where my registration gone...What should I do? Now's a great time to say, "Now look what you made me done do." He gives me the ticket, and he follows me for a long distance and when i get to the gas station off 52 in Hopewell Junction, there's another cop sitting in the parking lot. i almost wanted to get out of there without filling up, but i was almost empty.

Too bad tho, have to go to court for the first time for my second ticket, actually third if you count my parking ticket. I know a have a faulty speedo, but don't know how bad it is.

Damn, i was pulled over the fifth time when i got my first ticket. the sixth time i got pulled over, i was following this state trooper in my "cop-chaser" mode and he hit the brakes reall hard. i try not to get pass him and he slowed down more, and i did too, until we both damn near stopped, on the Saw Mill Parkway with 2pm traffic behind us. I pulled over, and he said "Stop following me, and slow down". I had to roll down my passenger window to talk to him. My windows are manual, hell the whole car is manual, stick shift, and everything.

Geez.

Hey El - there truly is something weird going on in NewYork City lately. Just think, while the LARGEST blackout in U.S. history was going on, cops were ticketing everyone under the sun while PEDESTRIANS were directing traffic! Tell me something isnt going on......

Radar guns have become pretty accurate over the years and I would not doubt that if he said you were doing 81 you were doing 81. Count yourself lucky, that's a reckless driving in Virginia.

Yeah i know.

When i was in my physics class, the instructor had us a field trip to see a member of the Putnam County sheriff's department, and he said that cops have to have the AC off to get more acurate readings, and since it was pretty hot when i got pulled over, i doubt the trooper would have wanted it off in the first place.

Gthang

Gas here in town is $2.43 for regular and the next town up its $2.12 at the Chevron station owned by the same guy. Being a small town and knowing the owner I asked him why. Hes a strait shooter but cringed when I brought it up. His answer was; Because people that get gas at the other station have more money and we base our price on the income level of the aria.

Can you believe that poop?

Our town is about 45 minutes from the Chevron gas refinery. If you go the the Central Valley of CA the fuel comes from the same place but is trucked for several hours and its .30-.40 cheaper. :shrug:

Back