Gas prices outta control....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around $2.93 here after the weekend. I paid $2.78 late yesterday but the catch is you have to get your vehicle washed at the same time to get the 15 cent a gallon discount. It was a good deal considering what my truck looked like after our Labor Day trip.
The gas production is getting back on track quicker than most analysts expected so that should ease our pocket books slightly.

Thing have stayed the same in NYC.
The average here is about $3.39/$3.49/$3.59

The gouging bastards on the south shore of Staten Island are charging
$409/$4.19/$4.29 for self service.
I pulled in, and pulled right out.

RatzoRC said:
I pulled in, and pulled right out.
Did he give you the pleasure of a reach around?

If it gets any worse someone is going to hijack your signature and use the gas in their car.

This is bad, but is also a good thing.

The high price will push hydrogen powered cars even further which in return will help earth.

HumboldtBlazer said:
Um what to say. Ahh never mind.

91 is $3.49 here. I hate it because I can't even put 87 or 89 in my car. It chokes on the Cali 91 as it is. We get piss fuel in Cali, I would be happy if we got Arizona 91.

I think the problem in cali is the air, not the gas LOL

greenwing7 said:
I think the problem in cali is the air, not the gas LOL

Not where I live, wide open spaces and trees and mountians (not concrete and cars). The whole state has to suffer because of L.A. and their smog. They put so much slow buring agents and cleaning detergents in our gas that it makes 91 oct and 88.5. Oct. It's pure poo-poo.

Anyone notice that the price on Cam2 hasn't gone up... Like givin your car a sugar high, & it smells so fast.... lol

FastEddy said:
can't you get an obtain additive?
Seems I remember using some way back when...

look up using Toulene (sp?) it can be obtained at paint supply places for a few $ a gallon. you can make your own high octane fuel using 87 as a base. lots of guys use this instead of VP or sonoco fuels on dyno days or grudge match nights at drag strips. there are plenty of calculators for how much to use for the desired octane.

heres a page. http://www.elektro.com/~audi/toluene/

cvec7 said:
It's cause you got a FORD!!!! LOL. (the mazda B-series is the same as the ford ranger)

I know damn well, it's a ford... Can't wait to get rid of it.

http://www.greasecar.com/products.cfm
Here's the answer to all our problems....My friend bought a fairly new Mercedes and is having this installed right now.....I'll beable to test it in a few days and see for myself....he said in the big truck he tried it in w/ the turbo Cummins it didn't even phase it....you start on diesel and switch it to veggie oil......my friend owns a sub shop so he's got the fuel source for it already......I might have to see what I can get as far as a big diesel pick up now....these look really good for the money....

Plaidfish said:
http://www.greasecar.com/products.cfm
Here's the answer to all our problems....My friend bought a fairly new Mercedes and is having this installed right now.....I'll beable to test it in a few days and see for myself....he said in the big truck he tried it in w/ the turbo Cummins it didn't even phase it....you start on diesel and switch it to veggie oil......my friend owns a sub shop so he's got the fuel source for it already......I might have to see what I can get as far as a big diesel pick up now....these look really good for the money....
Great, now it's gonna start costing an arm and a leg to even cook food by the time this whole thing is finished! LOL. :smoke:

Nah....Just throw it under the hood and drive around doing your business....when you get back home, viola' dinner is served....

wow gas is so cheap here its under 3 bucks a gallon

F-YOU BUddy that ain't cheap......99 cents would be cheap...LOL....of course I'd have to kill you for living in thata if that were the case....

99 cents!?! that's 1989 prices! Well, it was that low about 3 years ago as well. I'd love to get gas that cheap. All I can do for gas now is eat a bowl of 99 cent chili from Wendy's. That's as close as I'm getting for 99 cent gas ... lol

I've been seeing 2.81 past few days.. think i saw a 2.79 once.. its going down.. but hell its MADE here.. you would think it would be cheeper here!!!

I filled up the other day, pulled away and had no idea how much gas I had put into my truck or how much it cost, Ed you are right, if you can't afford to drive, don't, if you can, don't look or bitch about the prices, there is nothing you can do

i just filled up my truck at 2.89 and it cost around 120.00 to fill it. i think i'll just try to put 10.00 a day. ease the pain. but it going down.

We're down to 2.99. Its sad when you think 2.99 is getting cheap!

Back