Gas prices outta control....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been burying 20 gallon gas and diesel cans all week in my back yard...

:arrr:

Revo Rancher said:
I've been burying 20 gallon gas and diesel cans all week in my back yard...

:arrr:

Awh man, you just killed all you plants..lol

I'm more worried my Japanese neighbors might think it is Sake!

bustedgears said:
I'm not impressed with my 19mpg out of my four-banger mazda. I've done tune-ups and all sorts of things to that truck, and not seen difference.

It's cause you got a FORD!!!! LOL. (the mazda B-series is the same as the ford ranger)

DAMN, Had to do a quick fill today and almost got a shock when I saw the prices! Exxon and Hess had $3.49, $3.59 and $3.69. I drove about 1/4 mile down the blvd and found the BPAmoco had it for $3.29, $3.39 and $3.45. Wonder why there was such a sizeable difference.

well I'm in the grass buisness and i think I'm going to stay, made around 2300 bucks this summer. and probbaly went through about 30 gallons of gas, about 85.00 dollars. but i think next year I'm going to wally world and getting a 50 gallon gas pump for about 60.00. and fill it up in spring. cheaper. in case gas goes up any more than it has.
prices next year are going up. just did one today for about 200.00

Diver6127 said:
DAMN, Had to do a quick fill today and almost got a shock when I saw the prices! Exxon and Hess had $3.49, $3.59 and $3.69. I drove about 1/4 mile down the blvd and found the BPAmoco had it for $3.29, $3.39 and $3.45. Wonder why there was such a sizeable difference.

Because there gouging!
These assholes that are gouging should be killed with a rolled up news paper.
What am I hearing about?
Nobody buys gas on the 9th or tenth???
What the f*** is that supposed to do? Nothing.

2.99 for premium in Ft. Lauderdale...at least my station has it for that cheap...every where else was around 3.30 for premium....some as high as 3.69.....what a joke....I'm going to start looking for a big nasty diesel truck and convert it to bio diesel....anyone else w/ me???

Its $3.29 for regular at one place, 200 feet down the road its $2.99.

Costco gas here was 2.89 yesterday.
I have seen regular stations within a 20 mile radius from 3.09-3.34 for regular Unleaded.
Huge difference.

We are having some investigations here for price gouging. I noticed that the most expensive guy lowered his price .10 this morning. He must have read the newspaper about the investigation. fiddlesticking Scumbag!!

Side Note.....
Scumbag was in my Spell checker. :p:

nitrost said:
well I'm in the grass buisness and i think I'm going to stay, made around 2300 bucks this summer.

You might want to be a little more discrete about how you fund your hobbies.

nitrost said:
well I'm in the grass buisness and i think I'm going to stay, made around 2300 bucks this summer. and probbaly went through about 30 gallons of gas, about 85.00 dollars. but i think next year I'm going to wally world and getting a 50 gallon gas pump for about 60.00. and fill it up in spring. cheaper. in case gas goes up any more than it has.

Where exactly do you live?

Good Job guys....Now the Cops are asking questions :shrug:

nitrost said:

Um what to say. Ahh never mind.

91 is $3.49 here. I hate it because I can't even put 87 or 89 in my car. It chokes on the Cali 91 as it is. We get piss fuel in Cali, I would be happy if we got Arizona 91.

HumboldtBlazer said:
Um what to say. Ahh never mind.

91 is $3.49 here. I hate it because I can't even put 87 or 89 in my car. It chokes on the Cali 91 as it is. We get piss fuel in Cali, I would be happy if we got Arizona 91.

Humboldt if you are ever in the bay area San Jose there is a 76 station that has 100 octane fuel, PM me if you want the location. I think it runs about 5-6 bucks a gallon.

can't you get an obtain additive?
Seems I remember using some way back when...

FastEddy said:
can't you get an obtain additive?
Seems I remember using some way back when...

Those addivitives are not the same thing as higher octane the way I understand it. The additives are also harder on fuel injectors and other parts. My car manual says specifically not to use them.

And I will take that PM of where to get 100 Octane. I would totally mix 1/4 of that with 91 and have some decent 93 for my car.

Last edited:
Back