Gas prices outta control....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just saw on my local news channel that gas prices when up a dollar overnight. $3.71 a gallon over here... INSANE..

Last edited:
Ouch. Media wass too busy complaining about oil prices to focus on Gas, But ya- it's up to $3.90 here in Houston. Damn hurricanes.

30% price increase in 5 months, and it seems it will not stop, damn hurricanes, damn muslims and damn fu...ng gas cars. I'll have to buy one of this cheappo small electric cars. :doh:

we just paid $15.00 for 5 gall...

spyhunter48 said:
we just paid $15.00 for 5 gall...
WTF
$5/Gallon in NY????
Where is waddington anyway???
that's outrageous.....I'm gonna boycott the gas companies.......

YEAH RIGHT.....

still sucks though

I'm going to get a 5 gallon gas tank for my truck, then it wont hurt that bad

Incredible!!
It's gonna turn into a Mad Maxx movie.
Thank God you can't syphon gas out of these new cars.
I can remember with the gas shortages in the 70's, people were stealing gas from parked cars, lines at the gas stations, odd and even plate #'s filling up on odd days and even days.
This is not a good thing.

Plaidfish said:
WTF
$5/Gallon in NY????
Where is waddington anyway???
that's outrageous.....I'm gonna boycott the gas companies.......

YEAH RIGHT.....

still sucks though

Hey Jenious....re-check your math;)

HAHA I was just gunna say that, Plaid I believe your math is a tad off. I dunno what it is here in NH yet, hopefully not that high haha.

Gas jumped up about 50 cents per gallon in my area (N/E).

20% Nitro is still about $23 a gallon (for now). :)

i havent seen the high prices yet.. its all 2.50 to 2.59 here.. was about 2.47 last week

just went out and it only went up about .10 so it equals aboout 2.90 a gallon

Going to $3.00+ this weekend. After seeing this, I've made my decision, I'm gettin a diesel truck, then goin the bio-diesel route...can't beat $0.70 a gallon... :D

Diesel in NYC is about the same as regular unleaded. ($279 ish).
So not much of a bargain.
As for bio diesel, I have to look into that.
Where can you get that?

We ain't seen nothing yet!
Like I said in previous threads, Better have a plan if you can't or don't want to pay the price. Its going to get a lot worse before it starts to get better.

$2.56 here yesterday. $2.79 today. Hi-test $3.01.

Went out yesterday. 2 stations right beside each other. One was $2.56, other was $2.69. Filled up mine and the ol' lady's.
Getting to where the gas in my vehicle is worth more than the vehicle.

Think my next work truck is going to be one of those Cushmans. (The little metermaid trucks.) Wonder what flowmasters sound like on a briggs and stratton? OK, flowmasters are out. Just enough room in the bed for a killer stereo. Alternator on one of them little dudes push enough power for a stereo? Bad boys, bad boys, whacha gonna do.....
MTV, will you pimp my ride???? :jk:

Wow your petrol (gas) is cheap!!

I've done some quick maths, we in the uk are paying the equivalent of $6.20.....70% of the cost of that is government taxes......

I just looked into this biodiesel.
I spoke to a representative for an energy company that deals with biodiesel.
There is not 1 gas station that carries it on the east coast that he knows of.
So it's not available at the pump. Only tankers.
Also, it's made of 80% diesel fuel, and 20% vegetable oil. So the price is gonna be about the same as regular diesel.
Thats what I was told.

Back