fuel filter....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkunar5356

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
yea i know, this is a stupid question. my fuel tank has a filter built in, should i still get an inline filter? for onluy like 3 or 4 dollars it couldnt hurt, right?

the fuel filter in the tank is just a cheap stone filter. the inline filters are much more thorough.

u said it best - 4 bucks, what could it hurt. great deal for some added protection right? point is, the filter in the tank is designed to get some loose crumbs that are in the tank, but when in a hurry at the track, and there is dust flying all around, u really need another inline filter. better safe than sorry.

okay nitroaddict, thats what i figured. thanks for the help and thanks for the quick reply

I completely agree with NA, $4 insurance is much better than a $100 + dollar mill. I ALWAYS use an in line filter, I put one on all my rides before the very first drop of fuel sees that engine.

yea thats smart ncnitro. my car was used when i bought it but i had to replace the engine. the new one is still used but its not very old. i kept finding problems with my car, the guy that had it before me really killed it, so i tore the whole thing apart and i made a list of things i need to fix. this way i will get everything right before i put it back togeather. when I'm done i think it will be cool seeing this car come back to life in better than new condition. once again thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by bkunar5356
am i crazy for putting this much into a discontinued car (RC10DS) rather than just buying something new?

ya just killed a kitten, there NC.

Where does it say that in this thread? NA quit taking stuff from other threads, I never saw that thread you ballbuster, lol. Damn kittens need to stay outta my way! :D

damn Joe, 2 in a row. remember, only you can prevent stupid posts.

595stupidpost.jpg

yea that just gave me a good laugh. who needs kittens anyways? I'm more of a dog person....just got a st. bernard pup, shes about 10 weeks old now. but yes, its an rc10ds. its my first car and i bought it used but i think it will be really cool once I'm done. its all disassembled and the parts are in a bucket right now but when i start working on it again (money is whats stopping me now....donations anyone?) ill post some pics.

The built in filter never gave me any problems, but I agree, better safe than sorry, so you could install a inline filter for insurance. I would also install one on the pressure line as well. Small metal shaving/chipping can get into the tank from the engine or rust in the pipe. You will more likely get more metal chipping then dirt from opening the cap of the tank....

kevmtx3