First race of the season

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Local Drag group. (This is not my video)

Was going to check it out but I didn't go.
I should get into some drag racing. Pretty sure I can find a used Drag Slash or Losi 22S for cheap.

Some good runs in there. And some good running cars as well.

Bang boards would be nice to keep the cars out of the pits. But, hey, you can't have everything. At least at first. Important thing is a good turnout and a real (hurray) timing system. Big bucks though on the timing system.

So much easier running no prep as well as more people willing to let racers use their property if they know there won't be a sugar water (or worse) mess afterwards.

Yeah, David. Give it try. Being a gearhead, you might just get hooked.

So much easier running no prep as well as more people willing to let racers use their property if they know there won't be a sugar water (or worse) mess afterwards.
Yea they have some locations around the area. This was Sunday at a local middle school.

I see in the video there is a Bracket Class. Before investing in a no prep platform, take your Rusty basher out and see how you like it. I'm sure they'll let you run if they ran a 4WD off in bracket.

Heck, I ran a Rusty Bracket Class my first season of full prep RC drag racing, back 2005.

Ill see when their next weekend test n tune or practice day is.

I got traxxas anacondas. Worn down. should be able to work.

Yeah, Anaconda's should work - esp. if they're worn. You can always dial back the power. Hey it's bracket class. Run on your dial-in with a decent R.T. (Reaction Time) and take home a trophy. Good luck. Hope you try it. T&T be a good place to begin.