FastEddys XB8 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good eddy, sorry to hear about your shock body.

psi whats that other link that one guy did of the xb8 build?

that was my build. i dont know how many pictures are left on it though because i had to take some down. there is VERY limited space in our RCNT galleries.

don't stop now eddy....you was on a roll!!!....lol

husky24tn said:
don't stop now eddy....you was on a roll!!!....lol

Good news bad news.
I still have several more pics to post another 3-4 steps however something went wrong with my camera. It started taking terrible pics all of a sudden. I sent it to be repaired yesterday and don't know when I will get it back. I think the photo chip went bad.

I will post more pics in the next day or so.

Lookin good eddy. I wish i could build a buggy.
Why did you lube up almost all the shock parts?
Also, i cranked down on the pistons in my supermaxx shock should i loosen em up a bit?

got my kit today....i can't seem to quit smiling...lol...my jaws are hurting now

That is how I was when I got my Prospec. Good feeling isn't it. Bad part is the feeling is gone now, and I think I might need a new buggy. $hit this hobby is addictive, and expensive.

How's it coming along there Eddy?

I have more pics to post but have been ultra busy at work this week.
Ill get them up soon

wow that thing looks awsome!!! hope you get your camera fixed eddy mine started acting up too about a week ago and it's still at the being worked on i guess...but more than likely sitting in a pile of other cameras that need maintenece :jk:

your xray looks extremely nice too btw it makes me want to sell my body so i could afford one LOL :wasted:

9 hrs? man i think i finished mine up in like 6. 2 hours the first night and 4 the next day to finish it up.

yeah i just went slow and took my time...i want this thing haulin...

i ran into the same problems with my shocks that eddy did....none of the washers were large enough to go over the shaft under the pistons....other than that it went together extremely easy

I probably had 8-10 hours building my Prospec.

guess i was antsy to get mine running then. i also didnt have any fitment problems with my shocks or anything else, so that takes less time too.

husky24tn said:
yeah i just went slow and took my time...i want this thing haulin...

i ran into the same problems with my shocks that eddy did....none of the washers were large enough to go over the shaft under the pistons....other than that it went together extremely easy

A little round jewelers file made short work of that. No big deal.
Did you do any mods?

unless you consider waterproof grease in the gearboxes and the temp guage mods. no. there is a company that just came out with a billet front brace though. i think ill prolly pick that up. its machined to match the rear brace and has the same anodizing as well. it also uses that extra countersunk hole in the chassis for extra security and stiffness. dont ask me whos making it, i forget thier name, though i know its european.

I had the same problem with the washers and a couple of screws that weren't machined right, and an engine mount that was messed up (one of the holes on it was to small) these are the only problems I encountered with my build. I got a lot of my build done in the first couple of days but then had no build time for most of last week, all in all for my first build I think I did it in pretty good time probably close to 12-13 hours of time put in all together, thanks to Eddy and Psi for posting there builds they really did help.

Last edited:
only mod i've done is to the motor mount close to the driveshaft...dremeled it back a little...just to make sure it doesn't touch....

did anyone have the problem of their body being to wide to go through the front shock tower?...i got a crowd pleaser body and it was a very tight fit....so i just trimmed it down to look a little like the hyper 7 body does on the front nose piece.....

but i must say...i ran it last night for the first time and I AM TICKELED SHITLESS...LOL

sorry for the foul language but there really is no other way to put it....

husky24tn said:
i ran it last night for the first time and I AM TICKELED SHITLESS...LOLb sorry for the foul language but there really is no other way to put it....

I didn't read any foul language....
Again I got sidetracked this weekend and haven had a chance to do the final linkage and radio adjustments. Good thing it winter. I will also try and get the rest of the photos up from the build.

I did have to do a bit of grinding on the nose of the body to get a good fit. no big deal. I'm also trying to decide if I want to grind a hole in the top so I can get the gas tank lid to open up all the way or to just be happy it opens up enough to get the filler tube in.

Back