failsafe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invaderzim__

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What is a good fail safe for the ntc3 taht sells for 20-35$? I need to get one becaus once one of my batteries sliped out and my car went crazy! wich one wwill be good?:radio:

PS... I use rechargeble NI-MH batteries. so i wont have that problem with Alkeline batteries...

OFNA makes a good failsafe. I actually use the OFNA failsafe in my ntc3. It's small enough to stuff iinside the receiver box. If I am correct, I paid about $28 for mine.

Really, i can barly fit my reciver in my reciver box?! lol

granted it is a small space, but it fit! remember, you gotta count the "squish factor"

ya true, it dose fit, but with barley any room

I have the ofna in my radio box. See pic:

660Failsafe_1a.jpg

I ca glued mine onto the top of my t maxx receiver box.

The Venom is nice and faily small. I have one in my NRS4-3 but have it servo taped to the top so I can see when it is active.

The Ofna is even smaller than the Venom

i did the same thing as strecht did. i just went and glued it to the top of my battery box.

bryan

lol, when u are poor like me u can't do that, too much $$$. LOL i had some glue laying around so i just glued it.

bryan

i like the sound of the velcro and the servo tape.....if you use ca glue, use just one drop. the failsafe will come off with a little effort. i glued mine on because i did not want it to come off of the box cover.

well, now that i saw that picture i think i can fit a failsafe in the rceiver box...

No failsafe will help if a battery falls out again or the lines get disconnected/cut. I would also invest in both, throttle return spring and failsafe.

Here was my set up, you can see a O ring around the carbs neck, it acts like a return spring and pulls the servo back to neutral when no power is supplied to the servo. ....Man I miss my mtx2...:depress:

kevmtx3

i have a throttle return spring, it dosent return the throttle if i shut down the remote... What can i do to fix that?

I think i am going to buy a new one, mine a little messed up...

It's not suppose to work if you turn off the remote, because the receiver still have power suplied to it. In order to test to see if the TRS is good, leave the engine off, turn on transmittor and receiver, open full throttle.... Then turn off the receiver switch. If the spring pulls the servo fully close or below half, then it is good enough. If it move just a tad bit, then it's useless...... Turning off the transmittor first is to test the fail safe FYI.....

Oh ya:eek:pps: lol

I just tried it, its useless. I'm going to buy a new one, the one i have is a bent and out of shape and its just bad..

Back