F-ing Gas Prices!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rbmaxxbasher said:
I just wish my gas in my 1:1 lasted me a month like $25 worth of nitro.
Gas for truck .... gotta have it anyway just get it.....Nitro for RCs....I run about a gallon everytime I go out......at 25 a gallon plus parts and park fee and track fees I'm at over 50 bucks everytime I want to go play.......and that's not including race day when it costs more and I fill up a big cooler w/ lunch meats and drinks and stuff.....

Plaidfish said:
Gas for truck .... gotta have it anyway just get it.....Nitro for RCs....I run about a gallon everytime I go out......at 25 a gallon plus parts and park fee and track fees I'm at over 50 bucks everytime I want to go play.......and that's not including race day when it costs more and I fill up a big cooler w/ lunch meats and drinks and stuff.....
Plaidfish, you need a Tornado for your rc's.
http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/?source=gg&camp=torn&grp=save&term=fuel%20saver
LMAO!

I'm gonna invest in a horse...hay is cheap. Oh wait, then there is vet visits (tune up) his hooves will wear out, so those have to be re shoed (new tires and breaks) if he breaks a leg now hes out of (alignment) nah, i will stick to my chevy silverado.

considering my BP stock has risen $15/share in the last few months I don't have much to complain about :D

Lessen said:
considering my BP stock has risen $15/share in the last few months I don't have much to complain about :D

BP is about 30 min from me. (Texas City plant)
WOW..i never would have guess it was going up due to the fact Its either blown up or caught fire 3 times in the last few months. It just had another fire this week. OSHA is handing out penaltys left and right for many violations. I can't imagine how much the company has shelled out lately.

Oil tops $67.10 per bbl today! :hammer:

Its now up to 2.59 here. This is getting nuts! I won't be able to afford to drive to work soon.

rbmaxxbasher,

As quoted from my service;

"The story of the week was oil's march to new highs amid continued strong demand and concerns of supply disruptions as most production facilities are operating near full capacity. Higher crude prices are causing many to worry about economic growth once again. The end of week pullback in equity prices seems to suggest that investors are beginning to feel that the economy could eventually succumb to the headwind created by high energy prices. Nevertheless, the economy's resilience may continue for a little while longer as oil is still more than 40% below its inflation-adjusted high of close to $95 and the housing market, which has helped to alleviate some of the burden on the consumer's pocketbook due to the wealth effect, remains firm."

Not a lot of cheerful news here.

StrechM said:
rbmaxxbasher,

As quoted from my service;

"The story of the week was oil's march to new highs amid continued strong demand and concerns of supply disruptions as most production facilities are operating near full capacity. Higher crude prices are causing many to worry about economic growth once again. The end of week pullback in equity prices seems to suggest that investors are beginning to feel that the economy could eventually succumb to the headwind created by high energy prices. Nevertheless, the economy's resilience may continue for a little while longer as oil is still more than 40% below its inflation-adjusted high of close to $95 and the housing market, which has helped to alleviate some of the burden on the consumer's pocketbook due to the wealth effect, remains firm."

Not a lot of cheerful news here.

My butthole just twinged!

Us Americans are the biggest consumer hogs on earth.
Every Single One Of Us had the opportunity to get a Vehicle that gets from 35-50 MPG O uses no gas fuel at all. BUT WE MADE THE CHOICE NOT TO!!! Instead, we made the choice to get the Largest, Fastest, Most attractive form of transportation we could afford. its not time to pay the piper.......

If you can afford to pay the price of fuel, sell your car and get something that uses less fuel. Ride the bus, get a motorcycle. It wouldn't hurt 99% of us fat ass Americans to walk a few miles a day.

Quit bitching!

If you can afford to eat at a particular restaurant, do you go sit down at a table and bitch at the weighter about the prices, NO, you go somewhere you can afford. vehicles we can afford to drive aren't a Right, they are a choice and a privilege.

FastEddy said:
Us Americans are the biggest consumer hogs on earth.
Every Single One Of Us had the opportunity to get a Vehicle that gets from 35-50 MPG O uses no gas fuel at all. BUT WE MADE THE CHOICE NOT TO!!! Instead, we made the choice to get the Largest, Fastest, Most attractive form of transportation we could afford. its not time to pay the piper.......

If you can afford to pay the price of fuel, sell your car and get something that uses less fuel. Ride the bus, get a motorcycle. It wouldn't hurt 99% of us fat ass Americans to walk a few miles a day.

Quit bitching!

If you can afford to eat at a particular restaurant, do you go sit down at a table and bitch at the weighter about the prices, NO, you go somewhere you can afford. vehicles we can afford to drive aren't a Right, they are a choice and a privilege.

Fasteddy, MOST people have a choice to get a vehicle that gets good gas mileage. What about those who are not fortunate enough to afford that $14,000 civic. Or myself, I don't have the credit to get into a more fuel effiecient car, believe me I tried. Don't slam those who complain, it's our AMERICAN RIGHT. I firmly believe that we are being thouroughly screwed every time we fill up. I don't know about you but I'm not walking 44 miles to work, school, and home. Around here, If you need to go anywhere, you have to have a car, we don't have taxis, buses, or any public transportation.

So please think about who you're offending.

i bought another truck about 2 years ago for 100.00 its a dodge ram 50. it needs some tune up for another 600.00 so for 700 dollars it a good truck enough to get the boat in the water. it only needs to be filled up once every two weeks. but now I'm getting another truck but I'm still keeping this one. anyway gas went up to 2.50 today saying its supposed to go up to 3.00

Well, IN A SENSE, I do agree with Eddy. IF you're going to buy the big SUV with poor gas mileage, then you have made the conscious choice of paying for gas as well.

Lightning, I can also understand your point as well. Not all of us, myself included, have the credit score needed to get the new car with great mileage. I'm just lucky to have my father co-sign for everything while I build my credit rating back up.

What it comes down to is that prices for gas is going up for everyone across the board. For some, more than others. Some of us have a choice to commute via trains and/or buses. The majority don't have a public transportation like we have here in NYC.

For me, I have tightened my belt and stopped spending on other luxuries so that I can afford the gas and r/c's. It's jsut a matter of remanaging our spending habits while we sit this one through.

I understand that it was my choice to get an suv but what i had before was 1989 mazda 626 with 255000plus miles, no a/c down here in south Texas and two window that were bolted up. i really can not tighting my spending anymore i work for a YMCA part time and go to college full time no help from parent. (mom doesn't even have a car) single parent home sucks!!

I think the point Eddy is trying to make is that those who can afford a new car or truck have in a large way chose to drive other than economical cars. SUV sales were the biggest thing starting in the mid-'90 s. They are still selling strongly mainly due to crafty advertising and the "Employee Discount Pricing" sales racket.

For those on a limited budget or with less than good credit, Eddy specifically did not make mention, so by exclusion he was not addressing you in his comments. It may have sounded like he was making a blanket statement, but I took it as otherwise.

As to public transportation, we can only blame the special interest groups, unions and greedy, territorial government officials, all political parties included in this one. One group tries to bring in better train service and the project gets scrapped because of environmental activists, another group tries to expand bus service and a union blocks it because it would affect their workers in that area, and so on, and so on. Plus, if it is not cost effective it is hard to get big business on board with helping fund public transportation, and until we get out of cars and use what we have, they will not view it as cost effective.

(Sorry Eddy, you can finish your rant now) :jk:

Now, where is that McDonalds; that's all I can afford to eat until I get back from Texas...No more lobster and Prime Rib for me!

Another 28% bump and we will be equal to the inflationary ajusted all time high.

So....suck it up and get used to the prices including me.

$2-3+ per gallon is here to stay.

lil' lightning said:
So please think about who you're offending.
If your ofended by my remarks thats your issue not mine.

If you can't afford a car or the gas that goes in it you have choices. Its your choice to live 44 miles from work. Don't blame it on any one but yourself. Do you feel screwed that an XRay buggy kit costs 650.00? No, you simply understand that you can afford it and move on. Its the same with gas, If you can afford it, don't buy it.

Its my belief that YOU CAN afford the gas but you don't like the price you are paying for it. Am I wrong? I'm almost positive that buying gas so you can get to work isn't taking food out of your mouth. For some it may bit in your case I'm sure it isn't. If things were that bad you wouldn't have toys like RCs, Computers, Internet access or even the Cell phone you carry with you.

You need to see the value in getting a used car that uses more gas. You can pay 35K or more for a new car or you can pay 5K for a used one. Don't bitch about NOT WANTING to pay the price for fuel. your 30K ahead. That buys an awful lot of fuel even at 3.00 per gallon.

If this post offends any one. TFB..... See ya at the pump....

Eddy, I completely agree with you 100% on this one. It's a rude awakening for many adult americans to start putting their desires aside and start making adult decisions.

I totally agree with Eddy, I was getting raped paying for gas for an expedition when it was a little under 2 bucks a gallon. I could not afford it or really did not want to so I sold it an bought my self a nice little Scion XB that gets 35MPG.

I love power in cars and hope to have something with some balls some day again but as it stands I would rather use the money for other things I would miss if I were still spending $60 everytime I filled up doing it three times a week.

Oh, Eddy, spoken like a true free market Libertarian! I think I like this guy. In a true Libertarian conceptual environment, you end with the results of the experiences and efforts you make, in other words, self responsibility, no strong, central government to involve themselves in your daily lives. (re:Animal Farm, the book) Most moderate Republicans believe this way, and would rather be of a Libertarian party membership but they would never carry numbers so they vote Republican (not trying to get into a Dem/Rep debate here, just showing how another, 3rd party, thinks). Think of it this way, these are Republicans that are pro-choice (abortion)(less government intrusion into our lives) and yet believe an open economy will take care of itself (capitalism). Those that succeed, tried.

OK, I'm off my soapbox. Now, how do I get up that 1500.00 I need to fill the DP tank for Texas and back...?!???!

TFB? What's that?

Oh yeah, gas just went up for me again... 2.69 starting price. But I got 27mpg over the past 2 days!

Back