EZ Start vs. Pull Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aligc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
come on then people crunch time...
after the first 10 answers ill make my decision,
so whats better pull start or ez start?

pull start but its a personal opinion really
I've had 2 pull starts go on me now and i still love em haha

i hafto agree with solly! i struggled with them ez crap starts they are junk!! pull starts are the only way to go!!

pull starts have there downfalls but then dont they all

-if u only take ur car to the track then go bump start
-if u dont wanna carry lots of extra baggage go pull start
-if carrying a little bit of extra baggage is fine by u and u can remember to charge ur ezy start batteries all the time then go ezy start

I'm trying to find out which one is more robust, i have already broke my ez start, i know the ez start is cheaper to fix but if its going to break all the time I'm not going to bother.

hands down glow plug igniter and pull start.

1. weight loss
2. one less thing to troubleshoot.
3. drove my revo all winter on the same one and I only had to clean the owb

hands down glow plug igniter and pull start.

1. weight loss
2. one less thing to troubleshoot.
3. drove my revo all winter on the same one and I only had to clean the owb

wish i got that kinda lenght out of my pull starts
i got 2 runs out of myn and it had a burnt through cord AND a broken spring

the only thing with the pull start you never want to pull it to the end of the cord, if you do that is when you bend the springs in it and they start rubbing on the cord IMO.

the only thing with the pull start you never want to pull it to the end of the cord, if you do that is when you bend the springs in it and they start rubbing on the cord IMO.

thats the thing i didnt pull it to far haha
i only have to pull it like 3 rotations of my engine and its running lol so its near impossible to putt it to far

Lazy perhaps

Screw that pull start crap...a couple of ounces doesn't matter for me..Charge a battery and push a button..No pull start gettin snatched out of your fingers...Push a button or a roto start..Try starting my Losi LSI with a pull start it will change your mind quick.

Screw that pull start crap...a couple of ounces doesn't matter for me..Charge a battery and push a button..No pull start gettin snatched out of your fingers...Push a button or a roto start..Try starting my Losi LSI with a pull start it will change your mind quick.

preheat the engine with a hair dryer or a heat gun and I'm sure it would make it A LOT easier

i always set mine over the heat vent to heat mine up...but weathers changin so i may be usin the hair dryer method!! lol

preheat the engine with a hair dryer or a heat gun and I'm sure it would make it A LOT easier

You could heat the LOSI in the stove or over an open fire and it would still tic you off with a pull start...Roto start if you think the ez-start is to heavy. No more pull starts for me.
:angry: they just make me look like this guy

it really depends on what engine you are using as to which is better. i prefer the pull start because there is less to go wrong. most of my experience with pull starts has been with snowmobiles and the electric is nice but if it has a problem your all done unless you got a pull start.

With a properly tuned engine, an ez start lasts a long time. There isn't that much to it. Keep one on back up. $20. With the way the weather changes around here, I wouldn't have it any other way. Gotta get an engine started to tune it.

it really depends on what engine you are using as to which is better. i prefer the pull start because there is less to go wrong. most of my experience with pull starts has been with snowmobiles and the electric is nice but if it has a problem your all done unless you got a pull start.

although if your pull start breaks then ur all done aswell haha

the last resort is wrap the pull start cord or a strap around the clutch and pull. it works just like a pull start. you just got to remember to wrap it the right way because starting the engine in the reverse direction is not a good thing.

snow blowers are a definite electric. especially the bigger ones. you don't start it enough to make the pull start easy to use.

the last resort is wrap the pull start cord or a strap around the clutch and pull. it works just like a pull start. you just got to remember to wrap it the right way because starting the engine in the reverse direction is not a good thing.

Dude, you need to quit with these dumb posts. Just read what you wrote and think about it.

Last edited: