engine recomendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxiMumST.2002

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what is a good engine for a maximum st by duratrax what will fit etc and will give me blazzing speed? for about 190$ plzzz help me i newbie and need help in my truck is a torq 12 engine

Plzzzz reply need help

From what I've heard O.S. engines are pretty rugged, easy to tune, and make good power. The CV and CV-R series are good ones to check out. A .12 or .15 should bolt in depending on shaft type. They're availiable in pull start and both carb types. There's a thread under general nitro, titled something like "first time engine swap" that has the pics of standard threaded and short shaft. I'm sure there's some guys out there who know more specifics on your truck
Good Luck

I run the OS 15 cv-r(x) on my losi xxx-nt. The most annoying part about that engine is that it has a lot of power and lasts a long time... that's all i've got.

I love that engine. Makes enough power to break the tires loose on any surface with any tire. Easy to tune. Runs all day long and asks for more. My longest stint was last summer. I ran for 8 hours straight in 90 weather. I will be starting gallon 7 when the stupid snow goes away and the temps come up outside.

I can think of many good .12's to suggest, and among those are O.S., Team Orion, Picco and sirio all depending on how much you want to spend. The Picco XP12 rear exhaust is one of the fastest I've seen run (other than the more expensive Mugen MT12/Novarossi RS12 & RB V12) and is much cheaper, I have an older XP12 and P15 and they're blazingly fast.

if you dont plan on really racing, then get an epic 18... 1.9 hp at 39000 rpm. that should get her going.

i woulod like to have somthing that will make it faster than a 2.5 tmaxx engine i need to kick his !@$ thx alot

id get the fantom then ... or a sirio 18 if you can . my friend had a rustler with a sirio 18 and he would turn off road tires into slicks in like 3 runs