EB-4 S2 Pro Conversion Project (pic intensive)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok guys - I picked up my new EB-4 kit today. Do I have a good LHS or what. The kit lists for 469.00, the S2 conversion lists for 59.00, and the pro package is another 99.00.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what i got:
  • TTR EB-4 1/8 Buggy Kit.
  • Ofna 5000,7000,10000 diff fluids.
  • 1 bottle med CA
  • 1 bottle threadlock blue
  • S2 conversion which comes with:
    1. 4mm 7075 front and rear shock towers
    2. 4mm 7075 upper wing mounts
    3. 4mm 7075 front and rear chassis brace
    4. center and rear universals
  • Pro package comes with:
    1. front upper and lower Titanium A-arms
    2. 40 peice Ti screw set
    3. additional front brake mechanism
Total Cost after tax: $238.73
=======================================
I will be posting up photos and comments as I build the kit over the next 4-7 days. I will be installing the OS .21RZVO1B engine in it once it arrives sometime this weekend. Feel free to post comments at will. Thanks.

Sweet deal NA, wish we had shops like that up here.

yeah - well they sponser my NTC3. Same shop that I put the banner up for at the bash.

It sounds like you spend a lot of your money there. That can be the only reason they gave you such a great deal. You won't know what to do when you move to Hawaii.

LHS frequent buyer miles? Sweet!

okay - here is the box, as it sits when u open it. where are all the parts?

595TTR-1.jpg

Oh, here they are...

595TTR-2.jpg

I'll also have something else to look forward to in November. U got a very nice deal. When I get down there u have to take me to ur LHS.

no prob team - robriguez - its in there.

UPDATE - Well, I now have all three diffs done, as well as the entire front and rear suspension. this thing is a beast. I thought that it had quad brakes but it only has two. oh well, supposed to be just for fun anyways. I will post some more photos tomorrow to show the progress.

Originally posted by Nitroaddict

[*]S2 conversion which comes with:
1. 4mm 7075 front and rear shock towers
2. 4mm 7075 upper wing mounts
3. 4mm 7075 front and rear chassis brace
4. center and rear universals
[*]Pro package comes with:
1. front upper and lower Titanium A-arms
2. 40 peice Ti screw set
3. additional front brake mechanism

That is going to be one bad ass buggy. :worship: all that 4mm 7075 will make it a strong basher. you're gonna love it. :thumbup:

UPDATE I have most of the building process done. The photos will be posted tomorrow morning, along with some info on the building process.

EL-P .... Yes.

Ok - now some photos. Here are all the bags layed out on my work table:
595TTRparts.JPG

The three diffs were fairly easy to install. i like very little diff action, so although the instructions said to use 5000 in the center diff and 3000 in the front and rear, i chose to go with 10000 in the center and 7000 font and rear. Below are two photos - the first shows the completed diffs, the second after they are in their housings, and with the brakes installed.

595TTRdiffs.JPG

595TTRdiffs2.JPG

After assembling the major suspension components, i took the photo below. Take a look at those upper a-arms.

595TTRsusp1.JPG

The completed front and rear suspension:
595TTRsuspft.jpg

595TTRsusprr.JPG

Finally - the front suspension attached to the chassis:
595TTRsuspinstll.jpg

Good grief. That thing looks like a :tank:. That buggy should take a lot of offroad abuse with ease.

Final Stages

Well - i had to do some dremel modifications to install the final pieces of the upgraded S2 suspension. the sway bars were a lil different, and the new 7075 aluminium shock towers holes were a different size. But dammit, i got it all to fit. The shocks seem a lil weak, but we will get to that later. Here is a photo of the completed suspension system:
595TTRsuspcmplt.JPG

Installing the servos, batts, and rcvr was a cinch. they dont tell u to use rubber grommets on the servo attachments, but i wanted to prevent glitching, so i added that part. I also installed to high torque, metal geared, ball bearing Hitec 645BBMG servos.
595TTRradioinstal.jpg

Well - almost done. The deal i got on the RZ was supposed to be a NIB RZ plus an MBX chassis for my GT. What i actually got was a NIB RZ, a used RZ, the MBX chassis, a carry bag, 12 wheels and tires, and tons of other stuff. I'm so damn lucky. Below is a photo of the RZ, and a photo of the engine and pipe installed.
595OS__21RZVO1B.JPG

595TTROSinstal.jpg

Tada! The final picture. The only things left to do are install the wing, and paint/trim the body. All the adjustments have been made. Total hours invested in this project are about 30hrs.

595TTRfinalstages.JPG

I like the lava lamp in the pic of your tapble.:thumbup:

Looks good NA. That buggy looks solid!

thanks error. lol. i fired it up last night and ran it for about 20 seconds just to make sure everything worked right. the real test drive is today after work.

you got a a complete used RZ and a complete NIB RZ? damn!

Good Job NA it looks like a bad ass buggy.

Back