Duratrax Maximum ST - Like it or not?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, thats what happend. I was there and saw it happend. he just gave throttle and poof

but its still extremely hard to believe it couldnt have been brand new it hadto be used there is no way.... and it was during break in too? i thought break in was slow and easy to break in all the moving parts... thats probibly why it broke he went crazy floored it and the parts wernt woren in yet and boom... any car would probibly do that because it wasn't woren in right u know things need to be taken easy at first and then u can go hard... thats why they call it break in its for the whole thing.... so i think now that there is the smallest chance that could happen but.. what car was it? a st? is so what motor?

it was the evadar st the electric one and no he did not "floored" it. just nice and easy and POOF!! no more electric car.

electric cars are junk in my eyes they never work.... but were talking about a maximum st whick is nitro... but i still its hard to blow the diffs that easy

electric cars arn't junk. a highly modified moter in a sleek car could blow away the new traxxas nitro 4-tec and your max st couldn't stand a chance with a car like that.

Some 10 turn gigs smoke the shorts off my rides.

Cool part is they run a whole class of Electrics in the nationals. For a reason.

-Chris

:wtf: what!? a durasuck hitting 60 yah right and i can walk on water:stupid:

uh it can and dude you could walk on water if you can move about 40 or so mph smarty but my maximum st goes well over 60 mph

a traxxas nitro 4-tec hits 60 with the 2.5. and the 2.5 is the biggest .15 out there so i don't belive that a smaller engine in a truck and a 2 speed go as fast as a 4-tec. i would belive you if your st had a 3 speed but it doesn't

I'm gonna add another vote, Duracrap bites it hard. I owned a Max ST and compared to my 1/8th Worlds GT and MP it's a boys toy. The Max ST broke every time I turned around, well maybe I should have been watching rather than looking the other way! No just kidding, but not about Duracrap leaving a stain. This thing broke a-arms, stripped the spur gear (due to chassis flex), blew the tranny gears, pull-starter couldn't last a gallon, chassis bent because of poor bracing, stock air filter was lame, came with bushings not bearings, and in general just wore out fast. Don't get me wrong, other than that it was O.K.:madface:

my st went through a chassis to and spur gears but the chassis was from driving into a tree when i first got it ( experience) but other than that i never broke a a arm.. tranny gear but my pull starter was crap too i agree there but now i have a better engine... and Mike C. u have no clue on how fast a really light car can go with a big motor and a 2 speed..... and the 2.5 isnt that powerful i have a 2.5 maxx and it just beats my trx .15 pro off the line but not top speed so wat does that tell you and there tuned exactly the same and they have just about the same set up but my pro .15 is faster