Double Barrel Flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to replace the body, and front end. The one thing I'm most worried about is if my lipos are still good. The ends and corners were crushed. Idk if there still good lol. Plus my servo might have finally kicked the can hahahahahahahaha

You were very lucky not to break a leg or worse.

At that weight and speed you could have done a lot more damage than just a few suspension parts and batts.
I had a close call also not long ago (not that close though) and now do my speed runs standing on a step ladder in the back of my truck bed.

Sorry about the crash man.

This is just one of the many dangers with high speed vehicles. But it just keeps me wanting more. The fact that the only thing that broke was a knuckle, rod ends, and a shock is amazing. Even tho the chassis is completely custom it's still a true savage at heart :)

IMO my field box is in worse shape than the truck haha

A little slow mo action

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlJv1MCNc4"]Epic High Speed HPI Savage Flux Crash w/ Slow MO - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, I can't get enough of this thing!! That's ridiculous

It is pretty cool to watch over and over again lol

Suck that it crashed, but atleast you got it on video, that truck got wicked squirrely!
The SloMo of the crash is spectacular!
crash.gif

Hope it doesn't take long to get it going again.
BurnoutSmiley.gif

Last edited:
Already fixed and made new battery boxes, lipos are on order as well as a new body. I replaced the entire front end.

Seeing the body flap like paper is pretty amazing. Good thing it didn't hit your foot. You'd still be laying on the street with a "Get Well" balloon tied to you. :D

Seeing the body flap like paper is pretty amazing. Good thing it didn't hit your foot. You'd still be laying on the street with a "Get Well" balloon tied to you. :D

Haha so true :)

Really done a nice job there. The display you present for us is inspiring and very professional. No doubt seeing the body flap like paper is pretty amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
got to run the truck but the only 2 passes i got to make something went wrong. First pass the grub screw fell out with a pass of only 83mph. Fixed it and carried on. Second pass the right side motor lifted up and was no longer touching the spur. 88.5mph with one motor pushing the truck in not to shabby I'm hoping this means 100 is truly possible

null_zpsdcdcbbea.jpg

null_zps9180ebc3.jpg

95.4mph and I pulled it off twice, however the truck is a total goner, wrapped it around a pole at over 90mph :cry: I'm pretty much done at this point, unless someone wants to buy me new batteries lol. 2 of the 4 are ok but man what an impact, it bent that steel pole and showcased my design and how tough it really is. Oh well, life goes on.

I know with 30/40 gearing I would have crossed 100mph, I'm not quitting but I dont have the money to buy more batteries at this time. So close, so close to 100 I can taste it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caFoacv6O8k"]Worlds Fastest HPI Savage Flux 95.4mph - YouTube[/ame]
null_zps86e9d2f7.jpg

null_zps02596874.jpg

null_zps9f15cb6a.jpg

Wow, almost there. Almost had the Dream Machine.
No video of the wreck?
At this point you can put a NASCAR body on it since it's all turned to the left. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s1FsAilsEo"]HPI Savage Flux crash at speeds above 90 mph - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 3:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:57 PM ----------

Wow, almost there. Almost had the Dream Machine.
No video of the wreck?
At this point you can put a NASCAR body on it since it's all turned to the left. :D

HAHA, posted the crash above this post. You just hear the truck instantly stop

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMxkjhvIReo"]Worlds Fastest HPI Savage Flux ride along - YouTube[/ame]

I can't believe what it did to the steel post!
It's amazing that a LOT of that truck still survived that kind of impact.

I designed it to handle 100mph, but I will say this, I got super lucky on where the truck and pole met. If it would have hit the battery box the truck probably would have gone up in flames. If I hit the escs, well there goes a lot of money. I'm going to redesign the chassis to include more strength and try to enclose the batteries like the motors. switching to 30/40 gearing and ill no doubt cross 100mph just need that extra protection just in case.

---------- Post added at 4:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:36 PM ----------

88mph pass

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjgWXSpwC44"]HPI Savage Flux ride along - YouTube[/ame]