Double Barrel Flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no reason to waste time, money or weight of fans that will produce FAR less than the air you'll be moving through.
You might even want to make scoops on the side (like brake cooling intakes) and have them where they'll direct the air to the ESC and motor.

The only benefit to having fans is if your motors get hot you can leave the fans blowing on them to cool them down faster in order to get back to doing more speed runs....You may just want to get something portable that you can set up in the bed of your truck/trunk of your car and have some sort of portable fan that can sit right beside the kit and blow on it. While the truck is moving those fans arent gonna do squat.

This is good to know, thank you. I like the idea of air ducting and will seriously consider this as its free to build

Got the castle 10a BEC, needs to be installed. Picked up some flux XS shocks with hot racing triple rate springs and some 60wt oil. I am planning to trim down the front shock tower almost as far as my nitro truck and cutting the rear almost in half. This way I can lower the front of the body so it's lower than the truck. And I still need to paint the body.

Hopefully next weekend I can test, today I'm running nitro hehe

nice! I am eagerly awaiting some video of this beast running.

Ok so I made an adapter that's removable for the castle BEC. It's crude but it will work.

E0AC9012-F80A-4CF4-BDBC-702064BBCDFD-1056-000000B4D756899E_zpsb50e96f5.jpg

Red wires are pulled and Y splitter is in. Man there are so many wires lol. Just need to program the esc's and zip everything and I should be ready for a run

2B6E86B4-4997-48F0-9ACF-9804AE04A8D5-1056-000000B4D9DD48CB_zps4accf889.jpg

What the hell are you doing wasting time posting on here ... Get that thing running! :)

Haha ok ok I will. Tomorrow ill check my batteries and set the esc's up.

haha no :( I havent even tested my batteries yet. I've been focused on my nitro savage. Someone did mention that the fact I run a MMM and Blur esc it could pose a problem if there not the same programming. That too I havent verified. It will be soon tho

Just bought another Blur esc, so when that gets here ill be ready to make a run

Finally got the second blur, now to set everything up to match each other.

Well hell, he just got the second ESC, give him a couple days to get it all set up... sheesh.

Haha, I'm going to take some advice given to me by a friend here and set the drive train up a lil differently in hopes to help counter all the torque this monster will have. I don't think the issue is going to be getting it going or planting the power, the issue is going to be getting it to go straight and stay straight. At speeds approaching 70 plus the slightest touch of the radio and a misplaced bump in the road and the truck will jerk and spin out. I know this because its happening to me right now with my nitro truck. So if I can fix it on my nitro then ill have a chance with this monster. 80-90 is going to be easy if I can go straight.

But soon it will be time to test and work the bugs out.

Well hell, he just got the second ESC, give him a couple days to get it all set up... sheesh.

But I'm like a kid trying to catch a glimps of Santa. I just can't wait. Its been like forever!!![SIGN]Hurry up all ready[/SIGN]

I'm just as excited to see it run as everyone else

Kinda curious if RWD is going to work or just shred the diff instantly

I haven't forgot this project, just been preoccupied lately with others lol. Anyways, I did get around to installing the other new blur esc, so now both are brand new and the same. I'll program everything when I get ready to run. Also secured them to the chassis as well. The center diff is a different story, I'm thinking of locking it. I won't be running 4WD but instead 2WD. So I don't really want any unloading. I've got the new machined steel bevel gears and am looking into replacing the 2.5mm pins with 3mm ones. I'm not really worried about the bevel gears honestly as I won't be running anything thick oil wise in it. Torque is an enemy when trying to travel straight. Another cool feature is my 15deg of castor the front has haha. If I crash at speeds above 90 then yes something is going to break, but the idea is to have a weak link somewhere to it doesn't continue to transfer the shock. Thus my upper a arms in the front. I should also note that the Flux and X drive cups will not fit with the hellfire blocks and spindle. Onto the steering servo, it would look like I may need to rebuild it or buy another. To many insane crashes have given the servo an undesirable amount of play. Regardless it still works flawlessly for bashing.

Soon I'll have this monster running, soon

null_zpsb6ec6183.jpg

null_zps2bba4794.jpg

null_zps074a87ed.jpg

There are two new blurs in there :)

null_zpsc28042c0.jpg

See there is progress being made

null_zpsbb0bd4c6.jpg