Don't like to brag but Very proud of this!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It being gray, the only thing that will look right is black. If you were to dye it green, it would likely come out a very dark green. You can't lighten it. Only make it darker.
What about doing it twice? Think I could dye it black and then green?

What do you mean turn out a very dark green I would think it would cover grey better than black? Being a lighter color.

What do you mean turn out a very dark green I would think it would cover grey better than black? Being a lighter color.
Sorry to ask so much I been painting all the little parts on this thing and it would be so much easier to dye em

Sorry to ask so much I been painting all the little parts on this thing and it would be so much easier to dye em
If it were bright white and you dyed it green, it will come out green. Gray is white mixed with black (darker white). So if you take green and add black to it, it becomes dark green.

These wheels and wing were bright white. I dyed them peacock green. Imagine if they started out gray 🤔
20221122_072822.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_150449.jpg

I think you're thinking like dye is a paint. It doesn't cover the plastic. It soaks into it. Whatever color the plastic is blends with the color of the dye.

Last edited:
If it were bright white and you dyed it green, it will come out green. Gray is white mixed with black (darker white). So if you take green and add black to it, it becomes dark green.
I got ya. I must have read your other post wrong. The chassis was only like 18$ and I got grey cause I figured it would be easier to cover than black. I own a painting business and that's how house painting goes the lighter the color the easier to cover lol. But I'm gonna try the green over the grey and see what happens LoL

I got ya. I must have read your other post wrong. The chassis was only like 18$ and I got grey cause I figured it would be easier to cover than black. I own a painting business and that's how house painting goes the lighter the color the easier to cover lol. But I'm gonna try the green over the grey and see what happens LoL
You better get a very bright/light green. It's going to be very dark.

Looks good, 70mph send it to the moon. 😂
Good job👍🏼👍🏼

I didn't know RIT dye came in liquid form. All I've ever used were the little boxes of powder. Learn something every day.

Back