Don't like to brag but Very proud of this!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bman123

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Hit 55mph with plenty left ran out of space. And on a back up stock trans till my new case comes.

IMG20240325175918.jpg

IMG20240325175956.jpg

IMG20240325175850.jpg

Nice!

I run 2s on mine. 4000kv Hobbywing system. 23/86 gearing. I can get up to 40 to 45ish mph.
I'm on a 3s but it's my first real build ever so I'm still figuring stuff out. I have the VXL3S 3500 In it now and really think I can hit at least close to the 70mph it advertised. I broke the case to my good transmission and I have the stock one in now when I got 55 and ran out of room LoL

Awesome looking truck. God help ya if you crash it. The aluminum arms are going to rip your front bulkhead right out off the chassis at those speeds if you hit anything.

That's something to be proud of, don't hide it.
Great looking rig

Awesome looking truck. God help ya if you crash it. The aluminum arms are going to rip your front bulkhead right out off the chassis at those speeds if you hit anything.
I have a aluminum bulkhead also. I thought about that and that's definitely the weakest point where all the aluminum meets the plastic

I have a aluminum bulkhead also. I thought about that and that's definitely the weakest point where all the aluminum meets the plastic
It will rip your hinge pins out and likely destroy that bulkhead. I'd recommend leaving the aluminum arms for when it's sitting pretty on the shelf. It's a cool looking build man. Hate to see it get destroyed. With plastic arms, usually it's just an arm and links that go.

Thanks for the advice! I have the stock plastic a arms I'm probably gonna put them on when I go out to try and hit 65 this weekend lol
Good idea man. Get a basher body too please. If you scratch that gorgeous green body Tunedpipe is going to come and take you for a ride in his kayak 😆
Untitled110_20240222101010.png

Thanks for the advice! I have the stock plastic a arms I'm probably gonna put them on when I go out to try and hit 65 this weekend lol
You might check RPM, they may have arms for your rig and possible green.
I have green RPMs on my Xmaxx.

Good idea man. Get a basher body too please. If you scratch that gorgeous green body Tunedpipe is going to come and take you for a ride in his kayak 😆
View attachment 186191
OMG that's what I looked like. :D :D

Good idea man. Get a basher body too please. If you scratch that gorgeous green body Tunedpipe is going to come and take you for a ride in his kayak 😆Man I messed this all up LoL. All I wanted to do was reply and say I think I need to get a rustler body. Since I switched to a low CG rustler chassis none of my old stampede bodies will fit. If you look close that's why there's 2 sets of holes on my good ole Chevy body too now

View attachment 186191
I think I need to get a rustler body ever since I switched to a low CG rustler chassis none of my old stampede bodies will fit. If you look close that's why they're are 2 sets of holes in the good ole Chevy body too! Lol

I messed that all up lol I just wanted to reply but I just got up and I put it in 2 places somehow and everything else! Lol

That body looks killer. Love to see a photo without the lid. 😁

Attachments

• IMG20240326070442.jpg
    IMG20240326070442.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
That looks badass! Where can I get that dye and how do you do it? Like painting or soaking? LoL
Amazon, Walmart, etc.
715d4t56p6L.jpg

You add the dye to a pot of water. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. Suspend your part using a wire into the water.

Last edited:
Thanks! Definitely gonna dye something that looks so much better than paint!
It being gray, the only thing that will look right is black. If you were to dye it green, it would likely come out a very dark green. You can't lighten it. Only make it darker.

Back