Discharging NiMH AA's question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

destrucktomaxx

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought a couple of packs of RayoVac 2500MaH AA's awhile ago and haven't used them for some time. They seem to still hold a decent charge, but not like they were when they were new. I'm using the tray in my Futaba 3PM 2.4 transmitter to charge them on my charger and they charge fine at 2.5A, but it seemed like they were on the charger for 5 minutes and they were done. Is it ok to use the charger to discharge them and at what discharge rating should I use?

go to the thread general electric talk in the forums. this will give you the info you are looking for. JT i charge the batterys at .5 amps

IMHO, your charging them too hard for AA's. I don't know it for a fact, but I have many NiMH AA cells that I use for RC stuff. I never charge them over 1A and usually only charge them at .5A. I haven't seen much depredation in run times with them over a few years worth of use.

I run mind down using two automotive brake lamps in parallel and I use both sets of lamp posts. As soon as the lights dim, I unplug them. I usually do that once a year.

Back