Designing A Track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane1041

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys I have a few questions and I figured you all could help me out a little ......

One of my business associates is wanting to build a track and has ask me to help him out on it , Let me start off by saying Money is no option to the guy

Here is what I am needing ,

He wants to build this track and draw attention to it my hosting some national events at it ...So is there a set of guidelines as for the size of the track , turns , and so forth ? Does anyone have any good online templates or drawing of any tracks ?

Lap counting system :
He is also needing some kind of lap counter for the track , what are some of the better brands ? links to dealers would be helpful...

Driving Stand :
What is the best size stand to build ?

This guys has some major plans and he has the resources to make it all happen

( The track would be located in WV, The guy that wants to build it has numerous business's already , He owns an ambulance service, A Hotel , A bar/restruant, 4 wheeler rental .....and now he is wanting to open a Hobby shop and build a track ......it must be nice :) He has never owned a good RC car)

Track size....lanes MUST be at least 10ft wide.

Lap counting....AMB system is about all thats out there.

Drivers stand....The bigger the better.

Do you have the dementions of the track yet? What kind of dirt will you be using? I suggest clay, as will any other track builder. The tiltyard is in WV I think. Its prob one of the better tracks in the US.

ROAR is the sanctioning body of RC in the US. Here is a link to them....

www.roarracing.com

I am sure we will use clay , Tiltyard is in Va ...I guess I need to go visit some of these tracks and take some pictures to get an idea of the layout . As far as track size that is undecided , Is bigger or smaller better? ....thanks for the input

Thanks for the link digger.....I had looked at that page before but I had never payed attention to the track layouts they have there

Bigger or smaller depends on the type of car you plan to run on the track. Small tracks with tight turns are good fro stadium trucks however a big open track is good for buggies and truggys.

Bigger or smaller depends on the type of car you plan to run on the track. Small tracks with tight turns are good fro stadium trucks however a big open track is good for buggies and truggys.

Can anyone give me an idea of about how much dirt is needed to make a decent size track?

Hi guys looking for an offroad track plan with dimensions if posibble. please help thanks

Back