cvd shims?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joneser4u

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When installing outdrive cups on the diffs for cvds I get alot of slop in the diffs,its not there with the stock sliders. Do I just put shims behind the outdrive cup? Anyone know what size I need for this?

Anyone? Do I need to shim inside the diff?

madd maxx cvd

Hi Joneser.The reason for the slop is because the stock stuff is slotted and the after market is not.

I have built many t maxxs and this is common.Don't worry it will work fine.Some of the slop is actually coming from the diff itsself.

This does not quite work like a chat room or messenger does it.I find it to be confusing.

Dont worry it takes a while 2 get used 2...

You may need to use some shims, but only enough to take out the slop when the rim is bolted up completely. If you have to many shims on the inside, the axle pin won't go into the hex enough, resulting in the hex stripping.

I'm not getting slop on the cvd side, its the shaft the diff cup slides on. The cup dosnt go back toward the diff case as far as the sliders do. So the cup, shaft and the entire assembly slides in and out of the diff case a few mm effecting the mesh in the diff.

Sounds to me like you need to shim the diff gears... or the inner part of the cups? Never tried that one... i have a few shims on the spider gears though. Couldnt tell you how many, but its probably like 2. But if it is moving a couple mm then thats a lot of shims. Actually, now that i think of it, you shouldnt shim the inside of the cup, because that would pull the spider gears apart, making it easier to strip...

Bump Someone help please?

Back