Cutting Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm in so hurry to do this because I don't have a engine for my Maxx yet but I have the escalade body and I need to know how to cut it. I heard if you score it with a ecacto knife then bend it it will peel off.

And I heard that the dremal is easier but I don't have one. I may be able to get my hands on one. What do you think?

By all means, a dremel and lexan scissors are the BEST way to go.

-Chris

Alright then Ill just wait till I can get my hands on one.

You can do it with Lexan scissors only but it makes it tough to have clean edges.

Remember - NO HARD CORNERS! Keep the corners round. Thats why a sanding drum on a dremel is so handy.

Otherwise, you can you a body reamer to do the corners and then cut with the scissors. Holes first, then cut.

Either way, I do not recommend cutting without lexan scissors.

I use a dremel with a cutoff disc and a sanding drum. Christian is exactly right, round all cornes, any place you have a sharp corner is a place for a body crack or tear to start. After I cut it I always hand sand it so that all the cut edges are smooth. If you can borrow a dremel by all means wait and do so, the end result is a much cleaner body.

I use some lexan scissors and some semi-fine grit sand paper, using the dremel is kinda akward for me, so I just prefer to do it the old fashioned way! BY HAND! It works fine for me!

Definitly lexan scisors( DuraTrax makes 'em) and a dremel wiht a coarse grit; as the finer grits get clogged wiht melted lexan and small flakies:)

See ya
Ryan

Back