Chip's Losi MOA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I have noticed driving this truck on the Futaba 4PK it really brings the M.O.A trucks to life. I don't think I will go back now that I have tasted how well the 4PK makes things.

From the vids I've watched of the 4pk being programmed and what not on a berg, I can't see why you would ever go back!

It is very, very within a 1/16 close the the 3 inch mark, but it is 3 inches tall. :hehe:

LMFAO!!!!!:hehe: and as long as no one questions you on it and your the marshal:whhooo: then I guess it doesn't really matter right:thumbup::shhh: LOL!!!!:LoL::jk:and yeah that 4PK is bad ass on a MOA rig the way you can dial up and down the power to either motor along with all the other cool features it has:D:thumbup:

From the vids I've watched of the 4pk being programmed and what not on a berg, I can't see why you would ever go back!
You can even make a Losi have freewheel with it.
that 4PK is bad ass on a MOA rig the way you can dial up and down the power to either motor along with all the other cool features it has:D:thumbup:
I have found that turning up the power to the rear motor on verticals really helps the truck make steep climbs.

DSCF8939.gif

DSCF8965.gif

Here is a few pictures from the comp on Saturday. The truck did very will for the first time out, I was in 3rd but was not able to run the finals course because of a rainstorm. The Eritex M.O.A. kit really helps out this truck a lot IMO.

The Eritex M.O.A. kit really helps out this truck a lot IMO.

Well duh!

Lol jk. You guys have much natural stuff there or have to make your own courses?

Well duh!

Lol jk. You guys have much natural stuff there or have to make your own courses?

There is some natural stuff about 3 hrs away. The man made stuff can be a lot more challenging and you can change it when ever you like.

Lookin good chip! I keep wondering if going to the MOA is really worth the money. My losi performs REALLY well as a shafty.

I'm not a huge crawler fan but that's a badA lookin' truck.
Thank you Sir.
Lookin good chip! I keep wondering if going to the MOA is really worth the money. My losi performs REALLY well as a shafty.

Well here is some of the pros of an M.O.A
No drive shafts.
No mechanical dig which can fail.
Lower CG.
No transmission internals or slipper clutch to wear out or break.
With the right radio you can do some pretty wild things.

And the cons are............... I am thinking.
The only two I can think of is you have got to buy and 2nd motor and the Eritex MOA coversion kit.

Well here is some of the pros of an M.O.A
No drive shafts.
No mechanical dig which can fail.
Lower CG.
No transmission internals or slipper clutch to wear out or break.
With the right radio you can do some pretty wild things.

And the cons are............... I am thinking.
The only two I can think of is you have got to buy and 2nd motor and the Eritex MOA coversion kit.

And a different ESC or 2 and a dig switch and a better radio...

Few more pics of the truck doing work.

WestMonroeComp9-12-09020Medium.jpg

WestMonroeComp9-12-09021Medium.jpg

What ESC and radio do you have now ?

Sidewinder and the team associated XP3D its 3 ch but only 2 position I just reverse the channel to use my rear dig.

Sidewinder and the team associated XP3D its 3 ch but only 2 position I just reverse the channel to use my rear dig.

Thats all you would need to do a moa conversion, one esc would work for sure and if you had stall there are alotta little things to get rid of it and if you are happy with just rear dig then that works....I use front dig alot though.

I am looking more and more at the moa and am reading a lot about stall with 35t motors and some other setups too. Any problems??

He isnt gonna have uncontrolled stall with his 4pk. Like I said before though, you should beable to just gear it to get rid of any bad stall Brandon. Theres not any reasons why you shouldnt go MOA lol, even if you try to find one.

haha ya all the current moving parts just make me nervous. I do NOT want to break at a comp. So the less moving parts the better I guess.

This truck doesn't have any stall at all because of the dual esc, and if there is any stall I can tune it out with the 4PK. Also with the 4PK if I want some stall I can turn it into the truck with the 4PK.

hold on a second, let me find that cookie