Chip's Berg Rebuild # 5.895698654

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
102_1432.gif

Well, this is the 5th time that I have rebuilt my Berg. I have been running these axles for about a year and a half, I really like my Berg. I have never broke any of the internal gears or axle shafts, but I have killed a few stub shafts. I am going to use a Kamikaze Kustoms 4.0 with Losi 4 inch shocks internally limited to 3.5 inches. I am also going to use dual Tekin FX-R with Holmes Hobbies 45 turn motors, CCBEC, and a Futaba 4PK will control it all using Harley's Radio setup.

Wow a KK, how original.............................................................................NOT!

Lol, jk.

Wow a KK, how original.............................................................................NOT!

Lol, jk.
All I can tell you is that is works well, which you know that already.

Yeah, I'll give you that....

Clocking your axles for this one?

Its kinda goofed up, it should still work though but I think a couple of the holes might be alittle bigger than a #40 now lol....but they might be the 30 deg, I'll check it out and let you know if its still good to use and then get it to ya. Its definatly real nice with them clocked in the front....If your steering setup will work with that.

Its kinda goofed up, it should still work though but I think a couple of the holes might be alittle bigger than a #40 now lol....but they might be the 30 deg, I'll check it out and let you know if its still good to use and then get it to ya. Its definatly real nice with them clocked in the front....If your steering setup will work with that.

Don't worry about it man. I can't use it on the front and I can get enough out of the rear that I am happy with it.

I finally had a chance to get this truck finished up yesterday.

102_1626.gif

102_1629.gif

102_1635.gif

102_1636.gif

102_1638.gif

Real clean job on the wiring.

Is that a good chassis? Seems like they are always for sale on rcc. Makes me think people dont like them.

They were/are a popular chassis and do very well. You see them for sale cuz people prolly just switched out for a different version or tried something different, there for a while almost everyone was running them.

I sorry Chip, but that is just too damn clean of an install. Very nice!
Thanks man

Is that a good chassis? Seems like they are always for sale on rcc. Makes me think people dont like them.
It is one of the best, the sad thing is almost all of the MOA chassis that are sold on rcc are copys of a KK 3.5, 4.0, or D

Very nice and clean job on the rebuild Chip, Just don't fold the sides of the bug body at all or you might not make the minimum 3" height requirement, LOL!!!!!:p::hehe::D

Back