Cheapest and Fastest

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thighman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What Stadium truck is the fastest stock and the cheapest?:flamer:

Rustler and its durable as hell

Dont listen to him. The rustler is FAST but as durable as a hollow egg. Rc 10 gt is nice or a XXXnt is a GREAT stadium truck.

Ok the rustler isn't durable. I have only jumped over a 8 foot snow bank and jumped over my brother so thats like 13 and time feet of air in the winter. The Rustler is ROCK solid.

The AE RC10GT is a great truck at a affordable price and is great for begginers...

KK and I both have seen and ran a rustler, and it is very prone to flipping and is about as durable as a clay pigeon His friend that has one jumped a brick in kk's front yard and the left front arm broke the second it hit the ground... he has also broken 2 shock caps (not had them pop off but physically broken had his pipe coupler fall off 3 times etc..

Bottom line clay pigeon

My friend who has an RC10GT has crashed neumerous times and has never broken anything, you can turn at WOT throttle without flipping (have done this) I have seen him launch it off of a 5-6 ft rock pile then proceed to cartwheel for 10 feet land on wheels and keep going... I would love to seeKK's friend's clay pigeon do this....

Originally posted by Mayhem
Ok the rustler isn't durable. I have only jumped over a 8 foot snow bank and jumped over my brother so thats like 13 and time feet of air in the winter. The Rustler is ROCK solid.

hey man maybe yours is but not the 2 I've seen.

it's OK The stock engine is rather mild and it doesn't have bell crank steering but other than that it is a pretty good truck

I agree with the AE RC10GT being strong. The stock A-Arms are rather weak in my opinion, but 7 bucks for some RPM replacement arms will change that. I've watched my cartwheel for many of yards, and if it lands on it's wheels (usually does....) it always keeps going. And it is fast! My god, with the gearing I have on mine, I can toss my friends T-Maxx like nothing, specially in turning/poping off the turn. :) And I've never flipped my RC10 by turning alone, now with the terrain, yes, that can cause flips, but they are fun! :)

Originally posted by Thighman
What Stadium truck is the fastest stock and the cheapest?:flamer:

There is only 1 answer to this question - and I hate to admit it. The Traxxas Rustler is the fastest, least expensive ST out there.

Now please keep something in mind - this doesn't make it the best ST out there though. That honor will have to go to the Associated RC10GT. The RTR version which would be comparable to the rustler just isnt quite as fast, but a much better truck all around. The real version of the RC10GT will kick the pants outta the rustler - but is much more expensive.

As for your question re: the rush - its trash, and being discontinued.

I have seen the RC10GT and the rustler. I agree with Maxcrazy88, the RC10GT is the way to go for fun and durability.

team - i agree with you - and i have the RC10GT factory team. but the question asked was the fastest and cheapest. the rc10gt is neither of these.

Isnt the RC10GT a KIT and doesn't come with a mill? Or do they have a RTR version? If it doesn't come with a mill, what stops someone from throwing a picco 7port .12 in it an kicking the hell outta everyone?

But your right about it not being cheap $260 for chassis, plus radio and servos, plus mill.......

I currently own a rustler and If you are a good driver you can beat a RC10GT Factory Team if the driver is mild. I always do at the track. The rustler starts off with a Very Powerful mill. A mill that can demolish most stock .21's! I can even keep up with a Picco .26 on a good day. The rustler is also the strongest! I have jumped a 18' jump off a 10' ramp and all that happened is a screw got bent that I just replaced for 10cents. And finally, this takes the cake: it is also the cheapest. I got mine for under $200 I believe. The support from traxxas is also incredible. So if your looking for some cheap thrills, the brick wont let ya down!

rob - i have the kit version - but yes it does also come in an RTR version.

Just installing a powerful engine will not gauruntee speed. u also have to take into account the gearing. I have a pretty powerful mill in my GT yet i imagine that a rustler would still have a higher top end, cause traxxas gears the hell out of it. on the track however, the rustler would be toast. he hehe.

I hate to say it, but to answer the guys question which is fastes and cheapest, you gotta go Rustler. I would however add that there are a lot more factors to consider than just fastest. You have a little issue called handling which the Rusty isn't so great at, which is why it got it's nickname "Brick"

Duratrax Maximum St Pro only $245 at Tower Hobbies, it's better than anything out there. It's like this :tank: :tank:

Originally posted by Freedom
Duratrax Maximum St Pro only $245 at Tower Hobbies, it's better than anything out there. It's like this :tank: :tank:

i hope this was a joke.

No it's not a joke, have you ever owned one? I did not think so. Have you even raced against a Maximum St Pro? You need to refer back to the topic Nitroaddict. Let me reiterate it for you, it's called " Cheapest and fastest" So your the joke.:whhooo: Not to mention the Maximum St Pro is a lot more durable, it comes with $300 worth of upgrades, a great warranty, excellent customer service, better radio from Futaba, and servos...so on and so forth I have owned a traxxas the Rustler's bigger brother the Stampede and it use to break all the time, money pit! I have owned both so I know from experience. It's only $245 at Tower Hobbies, it use to be $320, you can't go wrong with it. As far as speed I can keep up with the 2.5 Rustler, with a .16 size engine and a 2 speed, will present no problem at all.

Last edited:
Back